StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I picked up a sligtly used Wee, a red 05 in immaculate shape. Center stand, Givi w/s, Shad topcase. Put about 175 miles or so on it.

Boy, was I surprised, and impressed. Even though I have heard so many kudos for the bike, I never really expected such performance from a 650 cc twin. I had started using my F650 for some in town commuting, but the single cylinder is a little down on power. The Cycle World Multi comparo article did it. I had planned to wait for the potential new GS800, but now I don't have to.

I can tell the difference in power to my 1000, (and the 12GS) at higher speeds, as you would expect. However, I was cruising on the interstate at over 90 indicated (probably 80 or so) and it was extremely smooth, comfortable etc. Never felt I was pushing the engine.

Seems to handle teriffic, i will know better when I take it up the Crest to my cabin.

greg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Paladin, nice to hear you like the wee so much. I went out riding with my brother-in-law this weekend and he has a road king(2005). We switched and we got to ride each others bikes through some twisties. Wow, the RK is big, but handles real nice. He couldn't believe how easy the wee handled. It is just so effortless through the curves, I think it really does defy the laws of physics!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts