StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the Wee out for its first 100 miles today. I must say it’s very nimble compared to the Vee. I swayed away from the standard break in procedures but did not take her over 8K. My opinion is that this little motor does not start living until about 7K. It is a blast to ride in the twisties that’s for sure. I personally feel that its more confidence inspiring than the Vee. The forks IMO are better than the stock Vee forks. I took a little trip to 100 on the interstate, very stable. All that said there is no replacement for displacement. I quickly jumped on the Vee to compare, night and day between the engines. Plus I have not really ridden the Wee hard yet (red line) to get the rest of the juice out of her. Bottom line is I’m happy with the purchase. My Vee is for sale on the board if anyone is interested price is negotiable.

Mark

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
... and you get the added peace of mind that you have a bullet proof, dead reliable bike.... The V is just riddled with too many problems from the get go....

Enjoy
Richard

·
Registered
522 Posts
... and you get the added peace of mind that you have a bullet proof, dead reliable bike.... The V is just riddled with too many problems from the get go....

Enjoy
Richard
If you think so:confused: The only issue I know about is chudder and that is a simple fix thanks to realshelby. I have the power of a Vee with the gas mileage of a Wee (48-50mpg).

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Enjoy
Richard
be being new to stroms, would please list all those problems for me so that i can research them?

·
Administrator
17,222 Posts

Enjoy
Richard

Not true at all............and I tend to see allot of problamatic threads about the Wee too.:fineprint:

·
Registered
522 Posts
be being new to stroms, would please list all those problems for me so that i can research them?
Yeah, I'd like a list of all these "problems" too, so I can be proactive with my maintience. Jeez some people:thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If you think so:confused: The only issue I know about is chudder and that is a simple fix thanks to realshelby. I have the power of a Vee with the gas mileage of a Wee (48-50mpg).
Having owned both myself, one of my complaints is range/mileage....the Wee is wayy better.

Caveat - You can ride the Wee balls to the wall, and range does not vary a great deal.....hammer the throttle on the Vee and it's a different story.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well for starters the dreaded clutch issues and the FI "chudder" around 3000~ 4000 rpm... These are well known common issues of the Vess... Bad enough, that I would not buy one.... Wees on the other hand are more popular and seem to work right from the start.... and they are well known for their bullet proof longivety....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well for starters the dreaded clutch issues and the FI "chudder" around 3000~ 4000 rpm... These are well known common issues of the Vess... Bad enough, that I would not buy one.... Wees on the other hand are more popular and seem to work right from the start.... and they are well known for their bullet proof longivety....
Well since I already said something about the chudder and how easy it is to fix (as mine is fixed) and the lean issue is more of preferance than an actual problem (mine is a little lean down low but nothing worth messing with). I'm waiting to see the rest of the list because you make it sound like a long one.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Well if popularity is your measuring stick the wee by far is the wrong bike. You should be on one of the 600cc sportbikes.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well since I already said something about the chudder and how easy it is to fix (as mine is fixed) and the lean issue is more of preferance than an actual problem (mine is a little lean down low but nothing worth messing with). I'm waiting to see the rest of the list because you make it sound like a long one.
It should work right from the dealer... you shouldn't have to fix things like the FI or clutch... That's enough for me not to buy one... If you want one... knock yourself out... The Wee has less troubles hands down... that's all I am saying... Don't want to fight about it...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Jesus, this again?
Naw, it's just some buttheads that have never owned a Vee speak as if they have put thousands of miles on them. When in all actuality they have never sit astride of one let alone ride one. And we all know that everything on the 'net is fact and not fiction.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a 2009 Vee, no chudder nor FI problems. I am not saying the Vee is the right bike fore everyone. But, I have had zero issues including the ones I am "suppose" to have.

I would think going to the Arctic Circle and back, and now the Oregon Trail, plus my daily commuting would have exposed what ever issues there were to be had.

All I know last week my Vee (with no engine mods or remapping -- totally stock) was doing an honest 85 mph, fully loaded, into strong Wyoming headwind for hours at a time with great ease. It was also more than happy to climb Mount Hood fully loaded. In the next five days I will lay down another 2,600 miles and I expect much the same (no issues at all).

Again not bashing the Wee, also a great bike. However, it has been my experience the Vee just works.

**I take that back, I had a defective coolant house replaced under warranty last year.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Both are very good bikes, get what you want, only you know. I got a Wee, my friends that didn't know any better kept asking if I was willing to go to 650, from my larger displacment bikes. I took teh 650 stickers of just so I didn;t need to waste time answering questions by the uniformed. This 650 is as good usable power wise as my much larger bikes of the early 80's. I do not miss the power, I just down shift for the power rush. Of course in the early and mid 60's I prefered British sports cars(MGs mostly) over Detroit iron (large displacement) autos.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I still have them both and like them both. I have a minor chudder at 3500-4000, but its not enough to put me off. Ive owned 3 Vee's in the past all were great bikes and I have had no issues with any of them. I basically ride the Vee over 4000, but if Im around town it does just fine at lower RPM. Obviously you dont want to chug the bike around and you have to a feel for the engine. The Wee seems to be happy anywhere and is very suprising in the twisties :thumbup:. I have not had the Wee on the highway for more than a few miles due to break in but it seems to have enough zip to get the job done. I would keep them both but cant justify 2 bikes in the garage so the 07 Vee goes and I'll keep the 11 Wee. Cant go wrong either way!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got a V about a year ago and put roughly 4k miles on it in the 6 months I owned it. I found a very very good deal on a Wee through a repo place and sold my V to buy it.

I had 2 motivations for moving from the V to the Wee
1. Money, I was able to make about 1400 selling my V and going to a wee(this is not typical)
2. Fuel range, my gas gauge would typically start flashing at around 180-200 miles on the V, compared to 240-250 on the wee.

Aside from that I liked both. The V has more power and works less to maintain 85mph cruising speed. I didn't have any issues with mine other than the clunk from first to second but I think the spacer would have cured that.

Both are great bikes, end of story.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts