StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the Vee has the 14 amp/hr. battery .... the Wee, a 12 a/h. The spec's say they're the same width and length, but the 14's a bit taller. I'm wondering if the taller Vee battery fits under the Wee's seat and if there's any value putting a bigger battery in a Wee.

Second question, generally it looks like:
-the $60-$65 batteries are a conventional maint. free
- the $80 ones are AGM, (absorbed glass matt).
- the $100 or more are gel.

I use a Battery Tender off season and freq. riding otherwise. So I'd like to hear what most folks feel is the best choice for a Wee.

Last question: how about the lithium ion dry cell batteries. Anyone using one in a Strom?

Dave

·
Registered
80 Posts
I see the Vee has the 14 amp/hr. battery .... the Wee, a 12 a/h. The spec's say they're the same width and length, but the 14's a bit taller. I'm wondering if the taller Vee battery fits under the Wee's seat and if there's any value putting a bigger battery in a Wee.

Second question, generally it looks like:
-the $60-$65 batteries are a conventional maint. free
- the $80 ones are AGM, (absorbed glass matt).
- the $100 or more are gel.

I use a Battery Tender off season and freq. riding otherwise. So I'd like to hear what most folks feel is the best choice for a Wee.

Last question: how about the lithium ion dry cell batteries. Anyone using one in a Strom?

Dave
The best bang for your buck is the AGM battery at about $65-70 which can be found at Wallmart. Don't try changing battery technologies like to Lithium because the electrical system on motorcycles aren't meant for them. They have totally different charging characteristics.

Do the measurements on the old battery while installed on the bike and see if the 14ah will fit. There is probably something like 1/2" to 5/8" difference between them. The 12 ah is probably $5-10 cheaper though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts