StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I owned an '08 DL650 for about a year. Fantastic bike, but the 2 things that compelled me to move on were the wind management (on long days) and power. I'm not a speed demon, wheelie freak or anything, but always felt just a little more "oomph" would be ideal.

I'm back on the market and am intrigued by the '12 DL650 addressing these 2 specific issues. And I also notice that the DL1000 is back again and would obviously address the power issue. At a local dealer, I can get either bike within a couple hundred dollars of one another, so that's luckily not a factor.

I've read all of the "V-Curious" and Wee/Vee discussions and keep going back and forth. The Wee is nimble, smooth and worry free. The Vee has the power, can be a little more finicky, which can also be addressed fairly easily.

One thing that sticks out are the folks that have simultaneously owned Wees/Vees. The vast majority seem to gravitate to the Wee if they were forced to pick one.

I know it kind of sounds like I already made a decision, but would like to hear your thoughts on actual wind management improvements on the '12 Wee. I gather the little extra torque in the revised engine is felt and makes a difference.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
wind management on the 1000 with likely be about the same issue as you had with your wee. They are not much different IMO. I know this does not really answer you question about wind management but maybe it will help.

I ride a Vee. I have a windstrom windshield and it works wonders for wind management. They also offer the lip that attaches to the top. Not sure what they call it. I cant remember. I dont have one but would like to try one out.

Combine this with the MadStad bracket I think you would be happy with it but each person is a different

IMO if you were not happy with the power of the wee you had then you wont be happy with the 2012 model wee.

I ride a Vee but if I did not also own a KLR you would see me on a wee. I have hopes of someday selling the KLRs (my wife also rides a KLR) and my Vee and getting a couple 2012 plus 650s

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
IMO if you were not happy with the power of the wee you had then you wont be happy with the 2012 model wee.
Why would you say that? I wouldn't go back to my '05 or '07 after owning the '12 since February.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts