StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to order a Stator for my 2009 dl650 V-strom? And do you think is should replace regulator at the same time.

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
38,048 Posts
Stock 650s went from a 375W output to a 400W output starting in 2008. Electrosport has a reputation for failure. I would avoid them. Based on reports, I know of no reliable after market stator.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Reviving this thread because I didn't see it answered anywhere. Does anyone have a better source than cheapcycleparts.com for a stator? I'm leaving on a 6K mile trip on Friday and need to replace the stator on my 09 DL650ABS.

·
38,048 Posts
Not answered could mean nobody does. I don't. You may get leads to a bunch of aftermarket products but I would stick with OEM for a stator. I would order by phone if I were you to make sure it is in stock and possibly get expedited shipping. It's often a back ordered item. Don't forget the side cover gasket.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not answered could mean nobody does. I don't. You may get leads to a bunch of aftermarket products but I would stick with OEM for a stator. I would order by phone if I were you to make sure it is in stock and possibly get expedited shipping. It's often a back ordered item. Don't forget the side cover gasket.
That's the plan as of right now. I'll call cheapcycleparts.com on Monday to see about overnight shipping. They also list the gasket. I found a local shop that will expedite but they want big $$$ so they will be my backup plan. Side note: I only had to tip my bike a few degrees to the right to remove the cover without any oil coming out. I just changed my oil and it is at the top mark of the window. I'm wondering if running the oil low, at the bottom mark of the window, doesn't starve the stator area of oil and caused it to run hot. In the future I'll be keeping a closer eye on my oil level, and keep it completely full.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Stator update

I called all around and the part is on back order from Japan. I panicked and called ElectroSport and they had one in stock so I had them expedite the shipping. I got nervous about the reliability of the ES stator so Saturday I asked my local dealer to check their nationwide parts network and said that Burgers MC in Three Bridges New Jersey was showing that they had one, but also says the parts system data is only as good as the dealer's inputs into it. He doubts they actually have it. This was late afternoon Saturday and it's past closing time on in the East. I left a message and sent an email, but they are closed on Monday so I'm thinking that I'm running out of time and that ElectroSport stator will have to do. Well at 7:15am Central time on Tuesday Burgers calls me and says they do in fact have an EOM stator. I really like the fact that they called me as soon as they opened up and seamed to be ready, willing and able to get me on the road. I asked them to expedite the shipping and through in a cover gasket. I got my parts in two days which is what I had asked for, because I didn't want to pay for overnight. Bottom line is they did me right. They also wished me well on my trip. The ES stator will stay as an emergency backup, but having also added a Mosfet R/R I'm hoping that it will just sit on the shelf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts