StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used set of Suzuki hand guards (never mounted) and the previous owner neglected to send me the installation instructions.

Does anyone have an electronic copy they could send to me? I've already emailed the seller, but would like to have instructions before installing them later tonight.

Thanks a bunch!
Bo

[email protected]<NOSPAM>gmail.com

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES! And your beautiful forum's search mechanism turned up fewer results (and none were helpful) than the search on the V-Strom forum... and Delphi's forum was worthless too!

So, not to be a jerk, but do you have a set of these instructions or were you just yankin' my chain like I'm a Noob? :lol:

:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
boroop said:
YES! And your beautiful forum's search mechanism turned up fewer results (and none were helpful) than the search on the V-Strom forum... and Delphi's forum was worthless too!

So, not to be a jerk, but do you have a set of these instructions or were you just yankin' my chain like I'm a Noob? :lol:

:roll:
Sorry if you feel I think you are a noob (btw what does it really mean? I'm not kidding, english is not my native language so I am not familiar with slang) I did not want to be insolent.
I have experienced that a lot of our fellows just post a question that are already answered just because they are lazy to look after. That is why my advice.
I do not know other V-Strom forums and also do not plan to discover. Our beautiful forum helped me a lot, I have used its search function and it worked for me pretty well so far. I am really sorry that the topic you are interested in is not processed yet. This is not the forum's fault, isn't it?
Hope you will succeed with lajaro.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mokusbajusz, NOOB = Newbie - someone who is new to the forums. :D

I've read quite a few smart-a$$ed remarks made in the past about the search facilities (which has probably made me overly sensitive). The only thing I could find is folks who have them installed or bought a bike with thme installed.

lajaro, I found that web site too before posting here and it looks to be the winner so far. It probably has better photos than the Suzuki instructions do!

the borg, I am waiting to be assimilated! I've been really bitter since it's been in the 30s each morning this week and my blasts into work have been cut short by the cold temps. Usually I'd take a longer route on the way to work, but this week I've been forced to warm my fingers!

Thanks for the offer of your scanning services! I appreciate it.

All, if you sell a brand-new item on the classifieds please include the instructions. :lol: Or if you don't have the instructions any more, let the buyer know ahead of time. I'd have paid the extra 10 bucks to not go through this mess. :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here it is

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
One quick tip

I did this installation a week ago, which means it falls about six days outside of my useful memory. However, one thing I remember from reading various posts is that when you first remove your bar end weights DO NOT take the screw all the way out. Just loosen it enough that you can slide the bar end weight out of the handlebar as a complete assembly. Do a few turns of the screwdriver, then pull on the end weight. If it doesn't slide out, repeat. Eventually you'll be able to pull it out easily. This will save you trying to find the nut that falls off the inboard end of the screw if you take the screw all the way out.

It's a relatively painless procedure overall.

Tim

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gbart951, thank you!!! Between this and the other instructions I got in email... I should have it completely covered!

Thanks!

Bunker, I've already been there with the grip installation. Coming from cruisers, we don't have any bar end weights... so of course I just undid the screw. :lol:

I ended up removing the control housing from the handlebar and then pushing that nut assembly out with an old coat hanger. Definitely falls into the cartegory of PITA. :x

·
Registered
93 Posts
gbart951 -- You da' man!

gbart951

Excellent job of posting the instructions! Without them it is really a PITA to do and have it come out decent.

·
Registered
640 Posts
boroop said:
gbart951, thank you!!! Between this and the other instructions I got in email... I should have it completely covered!

Thanks!

Bunker, I've already been there with the grip installation. Coming from cruisers, we don't have any bar end weights... so of course I just undid the screw. :lol:

I ended up removing the control housing from the handlebar and then pushing that nut assembly out with an old coat hanger. Definitely falls into the cartegory of PITA. :x
I was able to blow the nut out with air from other end of the bar.

·
Registered
221 Posts
GBart951,

My thanks to you as well. I bought a set from a nearby dealer -- I think the only dealer in the region that had them in stock (I'm not very patient -- don't want to wait for the mail). The box had been opened and the instructions were missing. I haggled them down a little bit because of it, hoping I could find the instructions on Stromtrooper, or just fumble my way through. Now, I can do both!

Stan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're welcome.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Do You LIKE them?

I'm thinking of putting in a Kaoko Throttle Controller -- and you can get those TWO ways, for grip guards and not. I had grip guards on my BMW and I never thought they did much for me. Any opinions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts