Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2012 looks nicer, (I guess) but i can't believe you made the gas tank smaller.:thumbdown: View this site Suzuki, it's about function, function, function. What works. Smaller gas tanks don't work. :headbang:Most folks want the Strom to become even more of an adventure bike. Not possible when you reduce the size of the gas tank. Bring back a bigger gas tank or make one available as an option. Please.....

·
Super Moderator
12,979 Posts
I would have liked a bigger tank, but 10% smaller tank and 10% better mileage make it a wash.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Like VTom says... Suzuki is claiming 10% better fuel efficiency.. If true, that makes the smaller tank a non-issue... Even if there was/is no change in fuel consumption, were only talking a couple of litres less here...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Like VTom says... Suzuki is claiming 10% better fuel efficiency.. If true, that makes the smaller tank a non-issue...
Meh. I'll believe that 10% better efficiency when I see it.

Even if there was/is no change in fuel consumption, were only talking a couple of litres less here...
A few liters can be the difference between walking into town and riding into town. :fineprint:

I don't know what part of Canada you are in, but I've driven in B.C. and the Yukon. Both of those provinces are much like my home state of Alaska -- services can be few and far between, and often are open at the owner's whim. Therefore, range is a big deal for me. A trip up the Haul Road from Coldfoot to Prudhoe Bay, for example, is 244 miles with no services in between. That's about the max range I would expect from my Wee...in fact, that's cutting it too close, IMHO; I'd bring extra gas even for my '09 with 5.8 gallons. While I personally have seen 63 MPG potentially giving a range of 365 miles (assuming all of the 5.8 gallons is usable), I've also seen figures as low as 38 MPG, giving a range of more like 220 miles. Would you like to push your Wee/Vee that last 24 miles into Prudhoe?

I'm with RydinFool on this one. The 5.8 gallon fuel tank was a compelling reason for me to go with Wee over some of the other bikes I was considering. Dropping that 8 tenths of a gallon on the new model might be reason enough for me to choose one of the Wee's competitors (800XC!!!) when it's time to replace my beloved '09 Wee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts