StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to find a value for the linkage ratio of the Wee ( 2008 ) rear suspension at rest. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The rear changes about 2.8mm for every one 1mm difference from the stock 140mm between hole centers on the links. Does that help? I'm not quite sure what you seek.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
The rear changes about 2.8mm for every one 1mm difference from the stock 140mm between hole centers on the links. Does that help? I'm not quite sure what you seek.
That's a start, but it's only valid at a particular point in the travel. It's not a single value, but a curve. To do it right you really need to characterize the the curve throughout the whole range of travel. Either by a bunch of relative travel measurements (with a homemade telescoping measuring device in place of the shock) or by carefully measuring all the fixed and moving pivot and mounting points and modeling it in CAD software.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Pat,

What I'm looking for is 'X' in:

1 inch rear wheel travel = X inches shock travel. It's a curve, but the initial value will work for my purpose.

CAD would work, but I don't have access to a CMM anymore...

Glenn

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Pat,

What I'm looking for is 'X' in:

1 inch rear wheel travel = X inches shock travel. It's a curve, but the initial value will work for my purpose.

CAD would work, but I don't have access to a CMM anymore...

Glenn
What are you doing with the info. I can probably help :fineprint:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you doing with the info. I can probably help :fineprint:
I'v got 1.25" lowering links on the bike now, but I'm getting the shock rebuilt and shortened by a well-regarded local guy. I just want to know how much to take out of the shock to maintain the current height.

The rebuilder will be able to measure it directly, but I figured the number had to be out there already. No panic if I don't get an answer - I just like to get info ahead of time if possible.

Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts