StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a commuter bike.

Was thinking a KLR or something similar but the more I look at the Wee the more I like it. Most of my riding will be on either decent gravel roads around my farm, but more likely commuting to work in town. Have about 2 miles of gravel and then the rest is highway/interstate into town.

Does anyone have comments about the Wee's ability to navigate gravel or dirt roads?

Thanks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am looking for a commuter bike.

Was thinking a KLR or something similar but the more I look at the Wee the more I like it. Most of my riding will be on either decent gravel roads around my farm, but more likely commuting to work in town. Have about 2 miles of gravel and then the rest is highway/interstate into town.

Does anyone have comments about the Wee's ability to navigate gravel or dirt roads?

Thanks.
The wee has no issues with gravel roads and I frequently play on gravel roads and even get into to stuff a bit more difficult than easy gravel. It is a big bike, so it just comes down to how comfortable you are with it. If you are just talking about a couple miles to get to/from your house, no big deal. Its obviously roads you are familiar with since you ride them everyday.

Semi knobby tires like the Heidenau K60 or Mita E-07 or even full knobbies like the TKC80 make the wee even more fun on the gravel and give you much more confidence. Even the Shinko 705's do surprisingly well on gravel roads, but you would be fine with Tourances or Anakee's or tires like that too.

The KLR is a bit more fun off road if you are truly playing, but the Wee handles gravel just fine and for some it might surprise you. I've owned both and for everything else, the Wee is a lot more fun, especially commuting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts