StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather was hot but awesome today, so I had talked to a buddy of mine and we I ran over to his place in Lake Charles today to pay a visit. He rides - we have ridden two wheels through 38 states together. His wife had battled cancer (in remission now) so we haven't shared any wind in awhile. Well, this was as good a time to take the Wee over and show it to him and get to know her a little better. WOW! What a sweet ride. Got the GPS mount in from Expressmounts (Ram hardware) and it was easy as pie to throw on in the garage this morning before leaving out.

I will have to play with it some - washes out really bad in sunlight. Tried some different angles and position and think I may have one that works most of the time. Anyway, didn't want to get up on the superslab since I am still trying to break it in and stay at 5k or below RPM. So, took old 90 across Louisiana.....Neat thing about that is you get to see some of the old houses in some of the towns along the way.

Arrived over my bud's place and parked the Wee with his two Valks - he liked the Wee and he is way picky about rides.

Had lunch at his house and decided to drop down along the coast for the way home.

There was a nature reserve that had a 4 mile gravel loop through it. Would never have taken the heavy cruiser down it. Well, that is why I got the Wee to begin with - open up new rides. Great little road and the Wee handled it without any problems whatsoever. Even got to see a few gators poking their heads up out of the water.

Dropped down to the coast and rode the Creole Trail along the coast - home. Took a detour down through the Rockefeller Reserve - another road I wouldn't have even thought of taking the cruiser down - what a dream bike in the gravel and shell.

Got home this afternoon after getting in 249 "get to know her miles" today. All I can say is.....WOW! :thumbup:

Impressions so far. The Wee is so nimble and light - what a dream to ride. Takes twisties far better than the cruiser - can't wait to get her up into Tennessee and North Carolina - again, what a dream.

People have talked about brakes - After the cruiser, I find the braking power of the Wee to be awesome. The fronts will let you know that it will stand on it's nose if needed. Back brakes are back brakes. The Wee is so much lighter than I am use to, so I find the brakes to be perfect with the lighter Wee.

Power - still has a TON in reserve. Keeping it to under 5k is a bummer, because you can tell that it is not the "sweet spot (6-7k?)" in the power band - you are having to shift right as it is getting into the sweet spot. 65-70 and still at 5k - this little bike still has plenty to offer for power, so superslabs are not going to be a problem.

Gas mileage - 249 and my gauge just started flashing - never had to fill up today. WOW! 150 on my cruiser was about the limit.

Seat - well, this would be a weak point. It is hard, but not so bad as to make it where I can't walk or anything. It is just with my build, I am not use to the pressure points in the areas where I have most of my weight on. Will keep riding it and see if it gets any better. If not, wool should fix it without having to buy a new seat.

Wind - no problems at all. No, it does not have the pocket that I had on the cruiser, but it felt good to feel the wind again. Any buffet was cured by leaning over a little. Some wind turbulence with the shield up or the modular full face open - but you would expect it. Had to do about 10 miles of superslab today as I got into Lake Charles - the Wee had far less buffeting behind 18 wheelers than my Valk did with the fairing and tall windshield. No neck pain at all this evening trying to fight the wind or anything. Lower speed, the Wee was awesome sending the air around you.

Suspension is awesome - much smoother on some of the two lane country roads today than on the Valkyrie. No problems in gravel, packed dirt or gravel/shell roads.

Impression so far after my first 400 miles.........

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

I am starting to love the little bike. So far, it a GREAT "All around" bike.:fineprint:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Strider, glad to see you bringing your ride reports and interesting pics to this forum. Hope to see ya on the road somewhere. You know me on the VRCC board as six2go#152.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey buddy!!!!!

Seems like a lot of Valk pilots here. Saw a post from Bzar the other day as well.

Didn't your Green/Black wind up with TP? If so, he says he loves it.

Really impressed with the Vee so far.

Howdy again brother! :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have had 3 Valks and have a couple of comments about your comments.
1. The Valk is a great machine and your buddies is awesome looking!
2. The rear suspension on any bike is better than a Valk.
I love my Weeeeeeee!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts