StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this question was answered before, please forgive me. Has anyone ever adjusted the gear shifter on the WEE to provide more space between it and the footrest? It seems my foot is still too thick to fit between them with comfort.

Thanks,
Micaco

·
Registered
278 Posts
Are you talking about the horizontal or vertical distance? If you mean the vertical it is just a matter of loosening the nuts at both ends and spinning the connector to get the height you want. Once you have what you want tighten the nuts back up. The only way I know of changing the horizontal would be to replace the shift lever with a longer one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the horizontal or vertical distance? If you mean the vertical it is just a matter of loosening the nuts at both ends and spinning the connector to get the height you want. Once you have what you want tighten the nuts back up. The only way I know of changing the horizontal would be to replace the shift lever with a longer one.
Vertical. At first glance I wasn't seeing a nuts. I will look more closely. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Micaco, if BubbaGee's idea doesn't work for you, you might consider ditching the stock linkage on your Wee and using a folding shift lever off a DR650 mounted directly on the gear shaft. It's a longer lever and fits my foot better, BUT there IS a tradeoff . . . the shift pattern will change to 1 up and 5 down.

I tried it, and I'm very comfortable with it. Please note . . . this setup works well for ME. Obviously, you must use your own discretion.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kickin' down to accelerate

Micaco, if BubbaGee's idea doesn't work for you, you might consider ditching the stock linkage on your Wee and using a folding shift lever off a DR650 mounted directly on the gear shaft. It's a longer lever and fits my foot better, BUT there IS a tradeoff . . . the shift pattern will change to 1 up and 5 down.

I tried it, and I'm very comfortable with it. Please note . . . this setup works well for ME. Obviously, you must use your own discretion.
Whistler,
That shifting pattern makes sense to me. Shifting up always seemed like prying the lid offa somethin with a screwdriver.
Cheers!
Micaco

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same problem with my wee, I solved it by installing a set of Fastway Evolution II F3 Footpegs
http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/fastway_footpegs.htm
Thanks. I am anxious about even TOUCHING the gear shifter. I don't know why. This might be the most expensive but best overall solution, since it involves only the foot peg and offers adjustability for distance between peg and shifter AND angle of line leg with respect to bike simply by the way the peg is installed/adjusted.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I did mine I didn't bother adding the screws to the pad, you'll need to grind a bit to make them fit but you'll like them. The stock setup on the Vee is different so i found no need for this setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts