StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to build a heated jacket and was wondering how many amps I can draw prior to overloading the system? I don't have any accessories attached to the bike now that continually draw power. I do have a power distribution bank on it for the air horns but that is it (relayed). Have an ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
This forum is full of threads dedicated to this topic. I suggest you search around - they aren't hard to find. The answer depends on the year of your Wee.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The '06 Wee has a 375W alternator. That provides about 100-125W more than than the bike uses for stock equipment @5000 rpm. Use of heated gear and/or extra incandescent lighting makes installing a voltmeter a good idea. Don't go a long time below 12.6-12.8V.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The '06 Wee has a 375W alternator. That provides about 100-125W more than than the bike uses for stock equipment @5000 rpm. Use of heated gear and/or extra incandescent lighting makes installing a voltmeter a good idea. Don't go a long time below 12.6-12.8V.
I read that somewhere else but wanted to confirm it here. My Wee is an 06. How would I install a voltmeter?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts