StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode a friends Wee2 this weekend. It has stock bars and footpeg position. My bike has risers and peg lowerers but his felt like it had my legs much more bent and the wrists more forward. If my bike were stock would it feel just like the Wee2 or is the Wee2 more compact in the riding position? I just about have my 05 set up nicely and wonder if the Wee2 could be setup the same with the same mods. I have Rox 2 inch pivoting risers and 1 inch peg lowerers.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That site is a good starting point but it shows large differences in the 04-06 and 07-11 models which are mostly the same.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I wouldn't call them large differences. The measurements seem to be taken from a real person sitting on a real bike. The riders have a slightly different placement on the seat. There is a very small difference in where the handlebar is clamped which shows up as small difference in bar height. The fairly large difference bike appearance comes from the 15mm longer swingarm on the '07 and later models.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Plug them both into Motorcycle Ergonomics and see the difference.

Potentially stupid question here, but what is the ideal position that you want? I am at 8% forward lean right now. I hope I will be, according to this, 1% forward lean after I install my risers. Is 0% the goal? What about hip and knee angles, what is ideal there? I think that is less important because I can go from back pegs, to driver pegs, to highway pegs, so I am much less in a static position with my lower body.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Having owned both, the Wee2 pushes the rider about an inch further back.

For me, the Wee2 comes out a BIT more comfortable overall but if you have wrist problems, you'd want to budget for risers and new brake lines.

Pete

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice website, never saw that. It is great to compare different bikes.
Thanks GW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts