StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to keep my 2008 wee. I'm in need of and have priced the following:centerstand ($170), crashbars($160), skid plate ($220) plus ($140) installation, totaling $717. Too much?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've decided to keep my 2008 wee. I'm in need of and have priced the following:centerstand ($170), crashbars($160), skid plate ($220) plus ($140) installation, totaling $717. Too much?
Sounds reasonable. None of those parts are technically challenging to install but is does take some time to put all of that on. The $140 labor is a fair price. The only thing you might have problem with yourself if you're a novice wrench is a couple of bolts for the skid plate that hold the sidestand mount and then getting the spring on the center stand. If you do the crashbars, only loosen one end of a motor mount at a time.

If the centerstand is $170, it must not be the Suzuki part. Happy Trails and Sw motech are about that price. The SW motech is easier to get up on the stand than the Suzuki part (for the 1000 anyway), but the SW motech part has smaller feet that since in soft dirt easier. I haven't dealt with the Happy Trails part.

·
Registered
384 Posts
IMHO, if you don't want the hassle of installing the parts, which are easy to do but time consuming, $140 for all that (if I read that correctly) is a STEAL.

You should bring your mechanic a 6 pack when you pick up the bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
might be a little pricey for US prices but if you can get it all and installed at the same location, i would be happy about it. here's my list (CAN$)

Motorbike Accessories
- Center Stand $185.99
x Givi Crashbar $157.25
x Barkbusters w/ storm $165.45
- Adventure motostuff skidplate
for Givi - $242.99
- Givi windscreeen - $110.95

·
Registered
66 Posts
Might want to recheck your prices as I see twisted throttle just had a price increase on some of these very parts! I know cause I'm looking at the same things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input. Novice here, so I'll be hitting you up for info from time to time. Looking forward to hitting the road ( with the bike in the upright postion) once again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts