StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that has done the 16 Tooth sprocket mod with the standard cheap sprocket, have you noticed any additional noise or vibrations? I am going to do this mod and I am trying to decide if I need to spring for the extra bucks to get the sprocket with the rubber damper. (GSXR 600)

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
I made the 16 tooth sprocket upgrade on my DRZ 400SM and found NO additional vibration or noise. It too had a rubber bushing on the factory sprocket but none on the new one.

Ron W.

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
I've got the 16 tooth w/o the rubber dampner and have not had any problem with vibration. Great mod for highway use.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I've used an aftermarket 16T sprocket and the GSXR 16T sprocket with the rubber insert:
http://www.reverendbiker.com/vstrom/sprocket.htm
Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the two--no noise or vibration with either. Caution here: I'm an old codger who's survived many rock concerts since the 60's, so there are lots of noises that don't bother me;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well done. I did the same late in 06 & never looked back. Plenty of power even 2 up. The milage improvement is equal to mine. I guess that makes us part of the 'green' groupies.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everone, I guess I will save the bucks and buy the standard sprocket. I commute a lot at 70-80 MPH and find myself looking for that extra gear every once in a while, and if I get an MPG increase that will be icing on the cake. The only reason I thought it might vibrate or be noisy is because ReverendBiker mentioned in his site that some people have noticed it. Great site buy the way, and your pics and instructions will come in handy when I make the swap. Thanks ReverendBiker.

·
Registered
68 Posts
16T should have been standard IMHO. Best mod I have put on. I run a 'sprocket specialties', no rubber, very smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts