StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am playing with the gps to make a best of the west route going from Plain city towards Bellfountain then South. Wanna be a guinea pig? Ride will be everything from long strait aways to sweeps to moguls to 90 degree corners and yes gravel/ dirt road.

This is real short notice ride so post tonight and we'll shoot for a 10:30 am departure from the McDonalds in Plain city at the intersection of 161 and rt42.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Sounds like a great route. I have played on some of the roads around Bellefountain and recently someone was telling me of a rt 559 or 551 that is supposed to be a super mc road. Unfortunately my work schedule is M-F. If it works out to be a nice route maybe we can do a weekend.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a great route. I have played on some of the roads around Bellefountain and recently someone was telling me of a rt 559 or 551 that is supposed to be a super mc road. Unfortunately my work schedule is M-F. If it works out to be a nice route maybe we can do a weekend.
That's the plan. But I'm hoping to get someone to go with for feedback.:rolleyes:

Maybe Bad Train Driver or Kyle?:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd love to go, but I've got to work. Maybe next time though, with a little more notice I can definitely do week day runs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went to try this route out. It's probably a good thing no one came. It got wet quick near West Liberty. I rode straight into a soaker as I came over a hill and ducked into someones car port. Hope they didn't mind.:rolleyes:

As soon as it stoped, about 15 min, I got back on the track and found everything was still dry a mile away. I rode down this dirt/ gravel road Richmc showed me and tried to get video of me jumping the bike off the bridge but the headlight on the strom really blinded the camera. So all I have is this shot of the bridge on the gravel road.:sad:

When I got to the end of the road I found the rain again and tried to outrun it heading north. But the only sun I saw was towards home. So I decided to run the rest another day and set off towards my favorite gravel rd. LOL

I'm going to to rework the GPS rout a bit and then post it in ADV incase someone wants to run it before I do it again.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts