StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WebBikeWorld will take possession of their 2014 DL1000A project bike this week. They ordered the adventure model. Over the next year they'll be frakeling it up and reporting on the bike and various aftermarket accessories.
This website is one of the best at reviewing accessories that I've seen so it should be interesting. The first is going to be LED lights.
You can follow their blog here:
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure Photos - webBikeWorld

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I'm wondering if the "horrible vibration" is caused by the crash bars on the Adventure, since no one with the base model has complained about it.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I am half awake, but did read this gentlemen's articles. All I can say is, I have not experienced anything, I mean nothing, of which he complained. I could not be happier with my Vee2, including the minor quirks that makes it "special". I find zero vibration unless you get up there in the r.p.m.'s, and even then it is in my seat region and actually feels good!. I find the engine exciting, and the ergonomics perfect for me. Except, it is a little too tall, but I like the vantage point. I went with the low seat, and can ride this with no problems. Maybe it's because I rode an '11 Wee for three years and 30k miles prior to purchasing my '14 Vee2. Regardless, this writer is entitled to his opinion, that's why there is McDonald's and Burger King. It was however, like reading an April fools article as compared to my opinion.:confused:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I think that particular website should stick to reviewing jackets and gloves, cause they sure don't know sh*t about reviewing bikes :green_lol:

I guess all the new owners, journalists and test riders have no idea either, cause none of the "issues" that he experienced have been reported :confused:

Based on his initial impression, I think he is expecting Suzuki to issue a worldwide recall!! :headbang:

If I hadn't ridden one,and also hadn't read the glowing reviews from magazine/websites around the world, as well as the new owners, then there might be some concern. But this goes against everything that is being said about the bike worldwide.

I sure hope Suzuki USA didn't give this guy the bike, it could have gone to a much better home :yesnod:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I do agree with one thing he wrote........"the unpainted bolts on the handlebar risers", to me, do look kinda cheap and they do stick out with all that black and gray in the area. And, they used black bolts on the brake and clutch clamps, but not the handlebars. That said, today's simple change will be to locate four good hard M6x30mm Flanged Black Bolts. That'll cure that issue.......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I agree with the handlebar positioning and have already asked about risers. I need em at least back a couple of inches. Only hope there is enough cable slack.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am half awake, but did read this gentlemen's articles. All I can say is, I have not experienced anything, I mean nothing, of which he complained. I could not be happier with my Vee2, including the minor quirks that makes it "special". I find zero vibration unless you get up there in the r.p.m.'s, and even then it is in my seat region and actually feels good!. I find the engine exciting, and the ergonomics perfect for me. Except, it is a little too tall, but I like the vantage point. I went with the low seat, and can ride this with no problems. Maybe it's because I rode an '11 Wee for three years and 30k miles prior to purchasing my '14 Vee2. Regardless, this writer is entitled to his opinion, that's why there is McDonald's and Burger King. It was however, like reading an April fools article as compared to my opinion.:confused:
I thought it was going to be an April Fools joke as well, kept waiting for the punchline. Like Chirosyd, I have not experienced anything to what the reviewer is complaining about. I am thrilled with the Vee2, he doesn't like the enigine "whine" but I enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I only rode one for eight miles, so my observations are limited. But I generally felt the engine so smooth, I wasn't sure I was riding a twin! Especially a large displacement one. I do agree a little about the chintzy-ness of some of the parts like the bicycle bars, LOL. His point that some of these little touches should not be found on a bike costing almost 13k US I generally agree with, but I guess the economy is affecting everybody.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I've only 100 miles on my Vee-2 Adventure and it is probably the smoothest V-Twin that I've ever owned and almost zero vibration through out the RPM range. It is not a 4 cylinder sewing machine smooth, it's a Big V-Twin. Any minimal pulsations experienced, I thoroughly enjoy. The only thing I agree with in his review is: He says the Engine feels more like an old Ducati than a Ducati and referenced a 1998 Ducati 916. I was the original owner of a 1975 Ducati 750 GT Bevel Drive V-Twin. This was an expensive engine to build back in the 70's. Power delivery on that bike was smooth and effortless with Tractor like torque, especially for it's year and most of it was in the lower RPM range. The Vee-2 engine reminds of this classic Italian Roadster, which always put a large grin on my face, but the Vee adds all the modern technology along with it. I Bought my Ducati for $2,000 in 1975 and sold 22 years later for $17,500. I know my Vee-2 won't be as profitable, but my first impression of the the Vee-2 is that it's a Bike I feel like I can keep for many years.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I do agree a little about the chintzy-ness of some of the parts like the bicycle bars, LOL.
As some will be considering spending a grand or more on a noisy muffler, a few dollars on a decent handle bar sounds like a good deal. When I read the blog I had to wonder why he bothered, maybe he should have spent a stack more and bought an over-priced water pumper.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
As some will be considering spending a grand or more on a noisy muffler, a few dollars on a decent handle bar sounds like a good deal. When I read the blog I had to wonder why he bothered, maybe he should have spent a stack more and bought an over-priced water pumper.
Your right about the handlebar costing a few dollars in comparison to an exhaust, but still. Sorry, but I had to laugh at some of the things he said when I was reading the review, because I think they are true, even if minor. I don't have enough experience with Ducatis. etc. to judge the merits of his whole review, but it is pretty clear he trashed the bike and that his review is not going to be welcome here. As for the crappy handlebars, I still have them on my 06 and I am fine with them. But that was a $7,000 bike, which maybe you have to expect and accept some cheap stuff. I am ok with that. I'd still buy the new V-Strom possibly if I were in the market.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
At least he acknowledges he is in the minority and at least in one spot, he says it is a good bike. Just not for him apparently. Not really sure what he was expecting. It almost seems as if he is just being hyper picky about what the bike should be or have or do for the price. He trashes the engine and says it is all wrong, complains about the whine, but then he says he could live with the engine without the whine.:confused: Anyway, I think his biggest gripe underneath it all is the price for what you get.

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
At least he acknowledges he is in the minority and at least in one spot, he says it is a good bike. Just not for him apparently. Not really sure what he was expecting. It almost seems as if he is just being hyper picky about what the bike should be or have or do for the price. He trashes the engine and says it is all wrong, complains about the whine, but then he says he could live with the engine without the whine.:confused: Anyway, I think his biggest gripe underneath it all is the price for what you get.
Yeah I think you are spot on and at least he is being honest, but the price for what you get is ALLOT. The only other ADV bike that will and does appear to have the overall reliability of the Stroms is the Tenere, and that is on par with the GS for price and features. The V-Strom has always been the poor mans GS, yet it has also been one of the more popular and cult following bikes as well. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts