StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be coming through Stevenson this coming July 1st. Anyone have a good recommendation of a hotel to stay at? I will be accompanied by my brother and dad both from Ohio. OH, we will need a good recomendation for some grub as well for our start of the Wash back Country Route.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Jeff-Only 1 motel in Stevenson that I know of. They supply ear plugs because of the heavy train traffic just across the street. A mile west is a great lodge up on the hill that is a lot quieter, but more expensive.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'd have to agree. There is only one hotel on the east end of town that I can think of and of course the lodge on the west end of town that is quite nice.

As far as food goes there are a couple of restaurants I'd recommend. One is I think the "big river grill" or something like that, it's right on the main drag through Stevenson and you can't miss it. There is also a little Mexican restaurant across the street from it that is pretty good.

You could always stay in Washougal Washington or White Salmon/ Bingen Washington if you wanted more options for food and hotels, but they are about ~30 miles from the Carson turn off to start your ride from.

Hope I've helped. I drive trough there fairly often and will keep my eyes open if I notice anything else.

·
Registered
498 Posts
wabdr route

Jeff,
I was talking to Tom from soundrider at the Spokane M/C show a couple of weeks ago, he seemed to think portions of the original route were washed out. Don't know if others have heard that, but I'd like to know as I would like to do that ride this summer too. If anybody hears something could you please post up the info? As I'm not familiar with that neck of the woods.

Why would you be looking for a hotel when you have that awesome "Manchalada Cot".

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was a section i think about in the middle where it was washed out. an alternate route was posted on ADV someplace. I am starting to do my checking on these things. Everything will change with this years snow melt.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Is that Forest Road 25? Check with the Gifford Pinchot National Forest office for when they expect to have the road open and the state of repairs. If this Spring is anywhere near as late as last year, it might not be open for you. Their present guess at an opening date is July 4.
Gifford Pinchot National Forest - Recreation

Big River Grill :yesnod:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will be coming through Stevenson this coming July 1st. Anyone have a good recommendation of a hotel to stay at? I will be accompanied by my brother and dad both from Ohio. OH, we will need a good recomendation for some grub as well for our start of the Wash back Country Route.

Thanks

Jeff
Walking Man Brewery for some great suds. Cant comment on the food too much, but I did think their pizza was delicious. But that was after a very long day of adventure riding so some Mountain House probably would have been just as good. As long you have a great micro in front of you, the food is secondary:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Walking Man Brewery for some great suds. Cant comment on the food too much, but I did think their pizza was delicious. But that was after a very long day of adventure riding so some Mountain House probably would have been just as good. As long you have a great micro in front of you, the food is secondary:thumbup:
+1

Their brew is pretty tasty! I don't know how I forgot about it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts