StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I just found this on the WebBikeWorld site and thought I'd pass it along.. I rely heavily on USB powered gadgets and I think it'll be a great addition!!

Waterproof Motorcycle USB Port - webBikeWorld
Sweet !! Right now I have a triple cig plug in the tank bag, there I have a dual USB port, works for me fine. I can plug in the camera and charge the Zune and listen to music. My cell phone is also pluge in for charging.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Saw this the other day and thought it would be quite handy. I think I might just make up one to plug into my 12v socket so I can swap easily between bikes. It'll be very handy for charging my phone and GoPro.

·
Registered
187 Posts
+1 on this. I was thinking about wanting one on my trip last year when needing to recharge my cell. I'll be getting this.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I am thinking that this would be nice to provide a cell phone charging station in my hard bags.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have one of those so that I can charge my cell phone, which rides in the tank bag. It works great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is this like in the rain? I get that its waterproof when not being used (when the cap is on) but what about when something is plugged into it? Is it ok to use the socket to charge or power a device if it is raining?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
What is this like in the rain? I get that its waterproof when not being used (when the cap is on) but what about when something is plugged into it? Is it ok to use the socket to charge or power a device if it is raining?
Probably not. In any case a 12V "cigarette lighter" socket along with a $5 USB adapter makes more sense because you can use it for multiple purposes, like plugging in a battery charger or air pump. You can get them with rain caps.

Reactions: talonstrom72
1 - 10 of 10 Posts