Strom Trooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a decent waterproof boot that I can wear around the office and not walk weird or look goofy.

I was thinking something like the "Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots"

Any thought or suggestions on a different type boot that is waterproof.

·
Registered
99 Posts
office boots

I picked up a pair of Wolverine Men's work boots at Sears about three years ago, for my riding. When I ride to work that's what I wear. I work in an outpatient clinic at a hospital and we're expected to look nice. No one has sent me home to change yet. They are sturdy enough for riding, and (nearly) waterproof. They shine up fairly well and are comfortable enough for me to wear to work. Not as comfortable as typical office wear, but comfortable enough that I don't need to have another pair of shoes to change into.

Gary

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
boot at the office

Instead do like I do

buy a brown pair of shoes, and a black pair - leave them at the office to wear during the day

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The ONLY waterproof boot I have found is the TourMaster Solution boot.They look good ( kinda like a dress shoe with a shifter guard ) and keep your feet very dry ..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
96 Posts
My Gaerne Balance Oiled are pretty comfy, I wouldn't mind wearing them off the bike for a while. That being said, I leave a pair at work so I can wear whatever boot I'm feeling like that day.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ONLY waterproof boot I have found is the TourMaster Solution boot.They look good ( kinda like a dress shoe with a shifter guard ) and keep your feet very dry ..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
I like the TourMaster Solution 2.0

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
In general, the characteristics that make a good motorcycle boot tend to make a poor office shoe.
That said, the Sidi Way Rain is waterproof, not too expensive, decent protection, comfortable to walk around in, and has a restrained design that doesn't look too funny off the bike. I've worn them around the office more than once (not a suit-and-tie kind of place though), but only when I didn't have another pair of shoes to change into.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Instead do like I do

buy a brown pair of shoes, and a black pair - leave them at the office to wear during the day
I skipped the brown pair and just wear the black pair. Change into them when I get in in the morning and change out when I leave.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have two pairs, both sprung a leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts