StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was knocking out the 7,500 mile service, I pulled the reed valve off the rear cylinder head there was a small pool of water in the rear.

The bike was sitting for a couple of days and it’s been cool (35-45f) and damp so it may have just been condensation. I did previously run the bike to warm up the oil but I didn’t bring it up to full operating temp. It may be because the engine didn’t get hot enough to evaporate the condensation but that seems like a whole lot of condensation to me. Has anyone else seen this?

Also the reed valves where covered in carbon and the manual calls for replacing the valves if carbon deposits are present. Since the stealership was closed I just cleaned them and reinstalled them. How important are those things anyway? I know they are for the emissions system but what could they mess up if they’re fouled?

·
Registered
236 Posts
They're not important from a running standpoint; just emissions.

Lot's of people on other bikes remove them, especially to get rid of some popping on some bikes as the air in injected and the residual mixture fires off.

Is that the rear cylinder? Maybe it helps explain the moisture that causes the exhaust vapor on the left side on cooler starts on the DL1000?? :?:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren said:
Is that the rear cylinder? Maybe it helps explain the moisture that causes the exhaust vapor on the left side on cooler starts on the DL1000?? :?:
Yes that’s the rear cylinder. Since the 650 only has one exhaust I didn’t think about this causing the vapor. You may be on to something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts