Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations regarding water proof boots. Made the mistake of buying the Bilt Hurricane (so called) water proof boots. 1 hour in the oregon coast rain and let me tell ya, There not water proof, feet soked!!
180 Miles in the Oregon Coasts ripping down rain should be the test for any manufacture who claims there boot to be water proof. Happy to do testing for any manufacture who would like to donate a pair of size 14's :yesnod:

Seriously, anyone have a recommendation? looking for hours of exposure not your typical 15 to 30 minute ride to work. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Gaerne G-Adventure Boots by Atomic Moto

Gaerne Balance Oiled Dual Sport Boots by Atomic Moto

Living in San Diego, I can't address the "hours of rain" but I bought the G-ADV and it's like wearing a hiking boot with more protection. The toe fits under the shifter without issue. I missed the sale.....

AtomicMoto is in Bend and they all ride. Talk to Brian as he was very helpful with boot selection and will undoubtedly know about riding in the rain. If ya don't mind paying return shipping, they were very good about me trying on (not riding in) a few boots until I found what worked for my foot. Hope that helps a little.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I've had a pair of Alpinestar Web Gor-Tex boots 6years, thru 2 bikes, about 80k miles total and not a leak yet. Comfortable enough to walk anywhere. Washington has also provided plenty of tests.

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
Waterproof boots are a myth. :fineprint:
:green_lol:
believe what you want Tom, ride 10 hours in driving rain, water either seeps from the top down or if you put yer pants over the boot, water seeps up then down, even if by soaking thru the fabric of yer socks

I agree with ocker, waterproof is a myth, anything tight enuf to stop water will cut blood circulation

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
So far my Tourmaster boot form Whitehorse has been waterproof... 4 years

I have oversized rain gear with velcro at the leg opening

I try to avoid riding in the rain....
Rain starts fun stops

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
believe what you want Tom, ride 10 hours in driving rain, water either seeps from the top down or if you put yer pants over the boot, water seeps up then down, even if by soaking thru the fabric of yer socks

I agree with ocker, waterproof is a myth, anything tight enuf to stop water will cut blood circulation
Naw, my boots leak through the boot, never had an up and over flood on 12 inch boots. They are good for three hours though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I`M using a set of Alpinestar series SMX5 boots and so far have enjoyed them very much ... about two yrs now and not a wet foot yet ,that also includes a lot of wet snow running. they do get alittle chilly in the colder weather though.. don`t sound like you may have those problems.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
The challenge for you, and me, is the size 14. I too am on the hunt for a good waterproof boot. I tried the Tourmaster Solution II boots since they came in a 14. Two minutes in a good rain and my left foot is soaked.
I'm currently considering Sidi On Roads or Combat Touring Lite boots since they are available in size 14. Would love to know what you end up with.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had some bilt boots, i think they were the tempest model, not waterproof at all. Comfortable and warm though. Ordered a pair of Tour Master Solution WP 2.0 boots, should be here this week. Commuting in the great northwet is a big test for boots. My challenge is finding boots in wide sizes. Tried on many boots, all pinched my feet from the sides. Hence the Tour Masters come in a wide model.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the Bilt boots also. I haven't tested them in any heavy rain for a long ride but they have worked for me in shorter rides. They were a good price and came with a 5 year warranty. Did you contact Cyclegear? They seem to be pretty good about making things right with their customers.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Fleabay:
NEW Bates 85501 USMC GORE-TEX Waterproof Boot-ALL Sizes
$120

·
Registered
78 Posts
Touratech Solutions in size 14 have worked well the few times I've been caught in heavy rain. Just make sure to mink oil the shifter patch seams on left boot.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Touratech Solutions in size 14 have worked well the few times I've been caught in heavy rain. Just make sure to mink oil the shifter patch seams on left boot.
I've been through three pairs of these, same size. Two pairs out of three leaked. All have been treated With Obenauf's leather goop.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have the Bilt boots also. I haven't tested them in any heavy rain for a long ride but they have worked for me in shorter rides. They were a good price and came with a 5 year warranty. Did you contact Cyclegear? They seem to be pretty good about making things right with their customers.
They've already agreed to accept my return on my bilt boots. Very nice to work with, just wish there products were better.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've had a pair of Alpinestar Web Gor-Tex boots 6years, thru 2 bikes, about 80k miles total and not a leak yet. Comfortable enough to walk anywhere. Washington has also provided plenty of tests.
These have worked well for me in torrential downpours for hours on end... Bought mine used and they still lasted me 4 years (80k) before they started to leak. Just bought my 2nd pair and waiting for them to arrive. Extremely comfortable.

As a cheaper route, in the meantime, I have been using cycling boot covers that are sold at MEC here for $25/pair - Maybe REI will have them in the states.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good to know, Barry. I hope the ADV's are if I need 'em to be. I'm spoiled with our weather but hope to be a little more adventurous in the coming years.

If anybody's put 'em to the test, you have.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts