StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to give my 2011 650 a wash, but was wondering if I should be concerned about water from the hose getting in the exhaust. My past bikes were cruisers, with mufflers that ran parallel to the ground (and had small drain holes), so this was never an issue.

Perhaps I am being paranoid, but do any of you plug the exhaust hole with anything while washing the bike? I planned on using the garden hose with a regular spray nozzle attachment, not a pressure washer, btw.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have,

Dave

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dont worry much about it - just be careful not to shoot water down the exhaust.

As a preventative, place a piece of duct tape over the end of the exhaust:yesnod:.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You can plug it with something, try not to direct water into the exhaust, and when you are finished, go for a ride to dry it inside and out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Plug it or be careful. I just wash mine carefully and then take it on a little 10 mile ride afterwards to evaporate the small amount of water that may have gotten in. As long as you're not filling it up, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
I remember sticking the hose down the 4" exhaust of the deuce and a half I had in the Army. Took a few gallons and I blew a huge gob of wet black soot all over the motor pool when I started it up. Caught hell for that.
You just couldn't rely on the draft to get good people!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Ranger. I went to a dirt bike store today and got one of those plugs. Very handy.

In case it helps anyone, while I left the packaging at the store, so i dont know the brand name, but the size I got was called "2 stroke". It fits snugly into the exhaust at the 3 rd ring from the top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts