StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two different aux. lighting products that were recommended. Both were killed by water getting inside the housing. I ride in all weather, so it's bound to happen without some extra effort on my part to waterproof.

Is there an aux. light that is guaranteed waterproof? It might be worth the money to upgrade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought relatively expensive Givi LED light and these were also full of water after a drive in the rain. I've got new on warranty and bought waterproof Cases for photo lenses. These are neoprene and fits perfectly. Glued the stitching on them since they were cheap and from ebay. Hoping that this will be waterproof enough. Should preferably have lights on when it rained, but does not seem that they are intended for use in the rain unfortunately

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Baja Designs squadron or squadron sport.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ADVMONSTER lights- I've never had these leak in the rain and I too ride in all weather. I owned these even before I lived in SOCAL and have NEVER had water intrusion in years of use and many rain storms.

The cheap units off of amazon which I'll link to below. Have been mounted on my Jeep for over a year now no covers, crappy weather and power washes after the desert runs or after going though mud. Infact I just power washed them today. Great lights. The ones I run are floods since I use them on the Jeep as surround lighting on the roof rack but they come in SPOT configurations as well.

Amazon.com: 27W Round LED Work Light Lamp Off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor 30 Degree Spot Light: Automotive

http://www.amazon.com/SHANREN-Light-Power-Tractor-Degree/dp/B007ZGKKMA/ref=pd_bxgy_263_text_y

If you feel like it you can buy a tube of black RTV that should assist with your weather proofing needs. I use black RTV on some of my cheap handheld HAM radios to help seal them up a bit better.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got some cheaper eBay ones.

One got some water in them and started flickering, but I'm unsure if the water was the cause, or whether it was my connector wiring. It ony lights back up when I move the wires around a certain way. I have them disassembled down to the board, and will be water proofing them. I'll post up when I figure something out.

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
Would it be alright to ask for a photo of the pattern the lights throw? Might just replace mine.
They are the spots I believe, they spread the light out nice and evenly.......they are VERY BRIGHT.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Anybody else check out Big B's link?

I looked at the link, B. They are described as having 8 degree spot, but looking at the inside of that garage door, they appear more like a flood. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
I looked at the link, B. They are described as having 8 degree spot, but looking at the inside of that garage door, they appear more like a flood. :confused:
Mine got mounted to make me more visible, not necessarily for my vision. For the money I could not be happier, I am thinking of buying a few more to have as spares. I went with the Mondomotos switch and harness kit, and I have everything running through my PC-8.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts