StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just a short ride, so I didn't bother with my riding boots. Coming to a stop leaving the neighborhood I went to put my foot down and it was stuck - the lace had caught on the clutch slave bleeder. Not a good feeling. I said to myself, "Self, we are NOT going down." So I jammed my foot down hard, broke the lace, and got my foot down with not a millisecond to spare. Got a nasty bruise on my ankle and learned my lesson about riding in street shoes.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Been there.... I wear my boots now for every trip short of driving it into the garage, lol!

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Another good trick is to wear your jeans outside your boots then, when you put your foot down, the jeans cuff gets caught on the footpeg and down you go.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
It was just a short ride, so I didn't bother with my riding boots. Coming to a stop leaving the neighborhood I went to put my foot down and it was stuck - the lace had caught on the clutch slave bleeder. Not a good feeling. I said to myself, "Self, we are NOT going down." So I jammed my foot down hard, broke the lace, and got my foot down with not a millisecond to spare. Got a nasty bruise on my ankle and learned my lesson about riding in street shoes.

This exact thing happened to me a month or two ago. I ride to work so I wear my work shoes not my riding boots. I went to put my foot down at a traffic light but my laces got caught on something down there. I yanked my foot so hard and it came off but it was close. Laces are one thing that is a no-no on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
Grown men with laces? Haven't y'all heard of Velcro straps? Or boots with zippers?
The big loose loops on Tennis shoes are classic foot traps. It's happened to most of us.....in our youth!
I absolutely hated that sinking feeling!:surprise:

·
Registered
975 Posts
tennie laces are always MUCH too long. the first time on, i tie with short bows and cut off the access. i know, no aglet, but MUCH less likely to tangle.

my other riding shoes are kinda like slip-on work shoes with medium heavy soles. not ATGATT approved, i'm sure.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
That happened to me the day I picked up my 650 I was running late and no time to change shoes. Third stop sign and the sneaker lace was caught on the shifter! Got it off and won't do that again.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like riding my Harley with flip flops
Omg, that's crazy. You can break a toe (or worse) riding a bicycle in the driveway with flipflops, I can only imagine what would happen on a motorcycle, geez!

·
Registered
226 Posts
yep one of my top 3 embarrassing moments also, snagged around the shift lever, luckily able to keep rolling until I could unsnag really strong laces. Resulted in some adjustments to my habits for sure.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Omg, that's crazy. You can break a toe (or worse) riding a bicycle in the driveway with flipflops, I can only imagine what would happen on a motorcycle, geez!
LOL,(not me) my buddy actually took that pic in Belmar, NJ. You see it all down at the shore. Girls passengers in bikini's is my favorite. Always the "can you top this factor"

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've noticed a trend in Scooter riders with pretty much no Atgatt.

Always been wary of laces and normal footwear. The shoe is the first thing to be ripped off in an accident. I wear calf length hiking boots with a thick sole. They have laces but finish high up. I always tuck the loops into the boot and riding pants outside over the boot. Never had a problem with the pant legs getting caught.

·
Registered
469 Posts
What..No CROCS !:laugh2:
1] I actually went on a road trip where one of the guys wore Crocs. At the end of the day he was sunburned in polka dots. There was a reason we called him "Crazy Bill".

2] A few years back I was getting off the freeway to get gas. I had been checking out this Sportster for the last few miles and they got off behind me and went to stop to my right. His lacees got caught on the footpeg and over they went. Her helmeted head bounced off the curb and he was stuck under the bike. I hopped out and helped right the bike. He was quite shaken and his ankle sprained. They were headed to the HD shop a few blocks away to get him some boots. I put them in my truck and rode their scoot over to the HD shop where they were going to leave the bike and call for a ride home.

3] The last time I ever rode my Norton I was wearing sneakers, jeans, t-shirt and a plastic windbreaker. I did something stupid, went into a tankslapper and the bike and I went sliding down the road. I threw away every piece of clothing I had on that day except for my right tennis shoe. Good thing because I needed it to wear for the next 6 weeks while my left leg was in a cast. To this day I will never wear sneakers on a bike and I don't pass VWs on the inside.
:nerd:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
They should make a thumbs down button lol
About 5 summers back, this little morsel, on her way, to Belmar's most popular, watering hole, was feeling her Wheaties, and put on a show, for my biker buddies.
My bro', Chopper Richies, Texas Chopper, always stole the ladies hearts. While giving her a ride on it, she managed to get a second degree burn, on the lower inside of her calve. Man, it was nasty.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
In the 80's my brother and I both worked for the same company and we would race each other to work.

One day when we pulled up at a set of traffic lights the laces on his left boot got caught on his gear leaver and down he went.

He looked up at me from the road and all I could say was "LOOKS LIKE I WIN TODAY" and I rode off.

It's called brotherly love.

·
Registered
570 Posts
About 5 summers back, this little morsel, on her way, to Belmar's most popular, watering hole, was feeling her Wheaties, and put on a show, for my biker buddies.
My bro', Chopper Richies, Texas Chopper, always stole the ladies hearts. While giving her a ride on it, she managed to get a second degree burn, on the lower inside of her calve. Man, it was nasty.
Could make a totally inappropriate reply to the burns on her inner calf but I won't. >:)

Reactions: Supatramp

·
Registered
926 Posts
the lace had caught on the clutch slave bleeder.
I did exactly the same thing on my Vee. Now if I am riding in boots with laces I stuff them in under the other part of the laces so they are not free to flap around. The incident also inspired me to buy my first pair of proper riding boots, some Alpine Stars that fasten with velcro over a zip.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts