StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VT man ticketed for texting while riding
September 6, 2010

WALTHAM, Vt. --A 20-year-old man in Vermont could soon be lighter in his wallet for allegedly sending a text message over his cell phone while riding his motorcycle.

Vermont State Trooper Andrew Laise said he saw Joshua Kelly riding his motorcycle with one hand on his handle bars and one hand on a cell phone. The trooper said he could see Kelly using his thumb to hit buttons on his cell phone while he was riding on Route 7 in Waltham.

Police say after he was stopped, Kelly admitted he had been texting his boss while riding his motorcycle.

He was issued a traffic ticket for texting while riding, which carries a fine of up to $156 for a first offense.

© Copyright 2010 The New York Times Company

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
believe it or not.....I have thought about it but decided not to! :)

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
It looks darn easy to do. You just have to make sure your steering head bearings are tight......

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Still can't believe how many folks still use cells after they have been outlawed while driving. Stupider yet is most have a passenger doing nothing but sitting still.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still can't believe how many folks still use cells after they have been outlawed while driving. Stupider yet is most have a passenger doing nothing but sitting still.
Who's gonna pull you over though? All the cops I see are on their cell phones constantly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I must be too old (39). I don't see the point of hitting a bunch of buttons to get your message across in print, when you can hit a couple and actually speak to someone.

My J&M is capable of integrating my phone into my helmet speakers and mic. I can talk with both hands on the bars. :thumbup: Not that I do...I think I only actually did it once, and pulled over the first safe chance I got.

Jim

·
Registered
154 Posts
I must be too old (39). I don't see the point of hitting a bunch of buttons to get your message across in print, when you can hit a couple and actually speak to someone.
usually when i text, it's because i don't want to speak to someone. i have a friend with a harley that will gab your ear off. he is feminine in nature. if i need to tell him something, i text him. bikes are good because he can't talk to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts