StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was colder this morning, and even with winter gloves and heated grips on full blast my left hand fingers got numb. Now winter gloves are warm but they differ some better than others.

What would be your recommendation for best/warmest non-electric glove?

I think I am getting old and my Polar-Tex don't cut it anymore.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cold Weather Gloves....

It was colder this morning, and even with winter gloves and heated grips on full blast my left hand fingers got numb. Now winter gloves are warm but they differ some better than others.

Try the Klim Fusion gloves. Very toasty!
Klim Fusion Gloves - RevZilla

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
Why not electric? Gives such a broad range of comfort! I stopped bothering with heated grips once I got electric jacket and gloves.

..Tom

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

Handlebar mitts if you don't want to go to electric gloves.

I like the Kolpin Geartector mitts. Punch a hole for the mirrors, done.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Best warm and waterproof gloves I have ever owned, there are also not bulky and have the smart armor as well. Also not ridiculous in price like Klim and Held prides themselves on. :wink2:

Firstgear TPG Axiom Gloves - RevZilla

I might give these a try. Old chilly-weather Scorpions aren't getting it done (anymore) under 50 deg F.

:grin2:

·
Registered
22,322 Posts
Tourmaster Winter Elites. Best cold weather glove for me short of snowmobile gloves or mittens.
problem with snowmobile gloves is that they become bulky and uncomfortable in short order cause they are shaped and designed for thumb throttle instead of twist grip

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
A bit pricey but Held Freezer gloves are very warm.

Held Freezer 2 Gloves - RevZilla

I don't know for sure about the Freezer II, but I have the original Freezer and find that I seldom use them, on the bike, because they are too warm. I must add that I have very good circulation in my hands so they don't get as cold as other peoples', as a general rule. For the most part, my Freezers are relegated to skiing now.

Might try your local ski/board shops. Lots of today's wintersport gloves are very warm and made of good materials. Certainly are less expensive than dedicated motorcycle gloves.

Rod

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Might try your local ski/board shops. Lots of today's wintersport gloves are very warm and made of good materials. Certainly are less expensive than dedicated motorcycle gloves.

Rod

Motorcycle specific gloves should be able to slide on asphalt without tearing apart.

Ski/snowboard gloves are not built with that in mind.

Reactions: NyMeTsFaN912

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Motorcycle specific gloves should be able to slide on asphalt without tearing apart.

Ski/snowboard gloves are not built with that in mind.
I guess I have to disagree somewhat. Have a close look at a lot of "motorcycle specific" winter gloves an see if you can see a significant difference. I may be blind but I could not tell much difference. The armor on most motorcycle gloves is on the back of the hand. Not an area that is in contact with the ground when sliding or putting your hands out to break a fall. Look at the Held gloves. They have a pretty good rep in the motorcycle industry as being good gloves. Only leather on the palms; and relatively thin leather at that.

Good quality ski/board gloves have to sustain pretty much the same abuse, and provide the same protection, as motorcycle gloves. If you ever fall on an steep, icy run, at high speed, you will know what i mean. Not a lot different than asphalt.

Putting plastic and a logo on the back of a glove doesn't do much of anything except raise the price IMHO.

Rod

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I guess I have to disagree somewhat. Have a close look at a lot of "motorcycle specific" winter gloves an see if you can see a significant difference. I may be blind but I could not tell much difference. The armor on most motorcycle gloves is on the back of the hand. Not an area that is in contact with the ground when sliding or putting your hands out to break a fall. Look at the Held gloves. They have a pretty good rep in the motorcycle industry as being good gloves. Only leather on the palms; and relatively thin leather at that.

Good quality ski/board gloves have to sustain pretty much the same abuse, and provide the same protection, as motorcycle gloves. If you ever fall on an steep, icy run, at high speed, you will know what i mean. Not a lot different than asphalt.

Putting plastic and a logo on the back of a glove doesn't do much of anything except raise the price IMHO.

Rod

The only snow type gloves I've seen are mostly nylon, made to keep your hands warm not protect them. Maybe there are some that are constructed with protection in mind, don't know I'll defer to a Canuck on that!

I wear motorcycle specific gloves in the belief that they are designed and constructed to protect my hands from asphalt. Don't care about snow, not going to ride on it!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Google is your friend. Enter "leather ski gloves"
here is an eg.

Ski Gloves - Men's & Women's | Backcountry.com

I am a bit of a glove whore. I currently have about 25 pair of bike and ski gloves and have worn out about as many. I spend quite a bit of time researching, and even trying, before I buy. Summer gloves.....I agree. Motorcycle specific gloves are usually better. Winter/cold weather.....the line becomes blurred.

The trick to any cold weather glove is to wear a large enough size so that circulation is not restricted to the distal portion of the fingers. Common mistake made when buying gloves.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts