StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an Olympia Airglide 2 jacket and Olympia mesh pants, both seem a little warm in the Texas heat and its only April. Are there other options, especially in mesh jackets , that are cooler. I love my Olympia but it seems a little heavy....Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
check out Cortech. I can't remember the name of my jacket, but it has leather on the padded areas, mesh everywhere else, and 2 liners. My pants are the cortech flex series, and they are GREAT!:cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cortech GX Air

check out Cortech. I can't remember the name of my jacket, but it has leather on the padded areas, mesh everywhere else, and 2 liners. My pants are the cortech flex series, and they are GREAT!:cool:
It's called Cortech GX Air. It's on sale at New Enough for $109:
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/cortech_by_tour_master/gx_air_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

I bough one couple of weeks ago when they had all sizes in stock. It's great. Kinda messed up sizing though - read comments on New Enough.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use these pants seem very good just zip out liner for summer.
I am planning to ride in shorts and these riding pants...gets hot and very humid he in Ky.

Fred

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I've been wearing the TPG pants for the past couple of months (with and without liner), but they're gonna be way too hot for summer in New England. Mesh pants are the way to go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
darien pants

I wear my aerostrich darien pants year round. Jeans and long johns under them in the winter.....something light under them in the summer

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I use the Fieldsheer 4-season pants, as they had the most mesh coverage (i.e. fewest solid fabric panels) at the time that I bought them. They also come in silver/gray, which reflects a lot of the sun's heat.

I wear a Shift Airborne jacket for the same reasons - lots o' mesh and silver color. I'm sure I look a little like a space man, but at least I'm not a par-broiled space man!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been wearing the TPG pants for the past couple of months (with and without liner), but they're gonna be way too hot for summer in New England. Mesh pants are the way to go.
I was afraid of that...it gets so hot and humid here in Ky you just cant take it.
My jacket is mesh but it's still hot when stopped at traffic lights.

Fred

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've been wearing a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket for the past three summers. Good protection and very comfortable in the hot southern summers.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've been wearing a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket for the past three summers. Good protection and very comfortable in the hot southern summers.
I bought one last year, and I really like it. Lots of air when you're moving, but I still sweat under the back pad. Need to sit up straighter.

Newenough has last year's model on sale at a decent price (same one I have).

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/mesh_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/phoenix_4_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Rev'it

bneedles, I have an Airglide 2 also, and last summer replaced it with the Rev'it Air jacket -- a little more mesh, top quality, and the collar isn't a torture device like the Olympia's. Rev'it quality is up there with BMW and Aerostitch gear, but not so expensive. Got it at Lonestar BMW/Triumph up on Lamar between Rundberg and Braker. Check em out, they have awesome staff (say hi to Denise) and carry a lot of good gear. Besides Rev'it they also have Tourmaster/Cortech, Olympia, Vanson, Firstgear (I think) and several others. I also got a pair of Rev'it Challenge mesh pants that I like a lot, the first pants I've found that actually fit my skinny legs.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I've got the same jacket, nice and comfy in the hot weather.

Saaaay....we have similar taste, you wouldn't happen to like M1 Carbines would ya?

:-D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bneedles, I have an Airglide 2 also, and last summer replaced it with the Rev'it Air jacket -- a little more mesh, top quality, and the collar isn't a torture device like the Olympia's. Rev'it quality is up there with BMW and Aerostitch gear, but not so expensive. Got it at Lonestar BMW/Triumph up on Lamar between Rundberg and Braker. Check em out, they have awesome staff (say hi to Denise) and carry a lot of good gear. Besides Rev'it they also have Tourmaster/Cortech, Olympia, Vanson, Firstgear (I think) and several others. I also got a pair of Rev'it Challenge mesh pants that I like a lot, the first pants I've found that actually fit my skinny legs.

Thanks, Lonestar is where I bought my Olympia jacket. I will check them again. Bill

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
The first Gear Mesh Tex 3 is widely available and is all mesh. If you're standing in a parking lot you can feel the breeze through it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts