StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping around for warm weather gloves that will:

1. Give me some protection but not get my hands to hot.
2. Allow me some feel so I can operate stuff like the GPS etc.

All opinions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Best gloves I ever owned were golf gloves.

Went to the local golf course, entered the pro shop and asked for a left and right one.

Guy looked at me like I had 6 eyes and tentacles.

They're light and really comfortable. Not so good if you're sliding on asphalt on your hands, but ya' can't have everything, eh?

:yesnod:

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alpinestars GP plus are fairly well perforated and offer decent protection. Try before you buy, though, 'cause the sizing is a bit odd.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I use those orange-yellow work gloves. They come in all kinds of thicknessess and leathers. I've got elk leather.
I had some goat skin leather gloves. They are usually found in white. They were the best ever, but Sportsmans Warehouse closed where I got them from.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I found a pair of good mesh mountain biking gloves when it gets really warm. The protection is minimal, but at least there's extra padding around the knuckles and palm. The airflow through the mesh is quite refreshing, enough so that I'm not tempted to remove the handguards in the summertime.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Heretic Alert:

There's a Harley imprint set of gloves I really like. Lightly perforated leather, wonderful fit. Try them at Harley outlets.

S

·
0 Posts
I have been using Olympia Ventor gloves for hmmmm close to 3 years now... and they still look awesome:

http://www.olympiagloves.com/glovedetails/750.html
Those are my summer gloves, too. Don't know about protection, but they're not hot to wear, IMO. I noticed after many miles (and switching to cooler-weather gloves) that a LOT of the pain in my hands was caused by the fact that the fingers in the Olympias are just a tad too short for my hands. Puts just enough pressure on my finger tips to induce numbness after a while - I can see the seam lines imprinted into my skin for a while after I take them off.

I'd get 'em again, but in the right size next time.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have these..

Next pair will be these...

The whole mechanix line with the gel palms fit me great. Not as durable in a spill as full leather gloves but everything is a trade-off....

Ken

·
Banned
4,051 Posts
There is only one choice in my opinion:
Alpinestars SMX-6

Mesh and therefore cool
Durable (I've had mine 5 years now and only had to fix 2 stitches)

I can tie shoelaces with them... 'nuff said.

The mecanix gloves offer _NO_ protection except against grease and heat; they will come apart in a spill, and they'll never last five years. I used them once when looking for warm weather gloves; the first stitch ripped after a week.

SMX gloves are the way to go.

·
Registered
392 Posts
http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3125&id=11068

I've had them for a few years, very comfortable, but I can't tie up my shoes with them. I wear boots with velcro straps on the bike.
They even come in different colours for the fashion conscious. I've had them for a couple of years and they are holding up great, I can wear them from 15-32C (60-90F for you south of the border). Anything colder and I use a gauntlet that covers my wrist and goes over my jacket. If it's warmer I'm probably by the pool.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts