StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not a very tall person, and when I'm riding, my feet doesn't feel the ground completely, that makes me feel kind of worry if something happens and I don't have the best position to react.

A sales person for Suzuki told me that the bike can lowering 1 inch so I can reach completely the ground.

Can you tell me how to do that? what kind of tools do I need? Should the front suspension need to low too?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Soupys

I found these to be the best because you can adjust them to your liking . I lowered my rear about 3/4 of an inch. Just stand your bike up straight and measure from a point you'll remember to the ground so you know where you started before you take off the stock links. After much experimenting I liked this height the best. I also lowered the front by raising the fork tubes 7mm in the triple clamps . 7mm is the limit because I have ABS and I think you can go 10mm in the front without ABS. Here's the link to Soupy. SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have a 29" inseam. My ABS bike has a fork brace which limits lowering. I am not going to give up the fork brace and I don't want to change the kick stand. Also, I like my center stand which would be problematic if I lowered the bike.

Here is what I have done so far. I removed the blocks from under the seat which lowers the seat a bit. Just the oblong blocks, not the round ones.
I also recently added handle bar risers, GenMar one up and one back which brings the bar closer to me. This does not lower the bike, but it makes it a lot easier to handle at slow speeds in parking lots, etc. and also when stopped in traffic. Short legs and short arms often go together.

Another thing would be to get a pair of boots that would make me taller. This would help as long as the boots work the shifting lever okay. I could also narrow the seat a bit which would allow my legs to come closer together which would make it easier to touch the ground.

If all else fails, a lower bike may be the answer. The BMW 650GS has lower options that would help a short person.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I also recommend the Soupy stuff. Actually, I raised my Wee because I am so tall and it is great. The quality of Soupy's stuff is first class and the shipping is fast. Doing the job is much easier that most people will tell you, at least for me. The time required was about an hour and I was finished in less than 15 minutes. I have adjusted my links four times to lower my bike for my wife to ride because she is only 5'7". These links are the best. It took me five minutes to crank it back up to the max height for me. Very good product. :beatnik:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts