StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SV-650S. Will any other seats work or do I have to stick with SV seats? Will seats from the V-strom work or any other bike?

It would open up my search if I could use a seat from a 2002 GSXR for example.

I have Corbin and I don't care for it. How much would a used Corbin with a small tear on the underside of the seat go for on the open market? I want to sell it so I can buy a stock SV-650 seat and hopefull have money left over.

·
Registered
195 Posts
sargent has a listing for that bike on their website. Don't know if it is any better than the corbin though.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I like the Sargent much better than the Corbin.. I've had both and still have the Sergent. Your other option is the Suzuki gel

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a 2002 SV-650S. Will any other seats work or do I have to stick with SV seats? Will seats from the V-strom work or any other bike?

I have Corbin and I don't care for it. How much would a used Corbin with a small tear on the underside of the seat go for on the open market? I want to sell it so I can buy a stock SV-650 seat and hopefull have money left over.
I almost thought this was a robot posting this question, then I considered a troll. But you're serious aren't you? Might have better luck on an SV specific forum. Best wishes....

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Well you are on the wrong site... but if you go to Ron Ayers... or some site like that and look up the seat(in your case seats) part #. You then can then enter it into there "where does this part fit" bar on the left and it will tell you what bikes and years that part # is the same as.

Front seat part # for the 2002 Sv650 is: 45100-19F50-W05

Enter that and it gives you this page:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/WhereUsed

1999-2002 uses the same it looks like. But do all that yourself.. don't take my word for it!!! ;)

Its been discontinued from Suzuki... so good luck in your search!

·
Registered
714 Posts

I have a Suzuki gel on my '08 Wee and it does OK - better than the stock seat for sure. Dunno if Zuki sells one for the SV.

Unfortunately, I was stricken at birth by the dreaded "No Ass Syndrome", so finding a comfortable motorcycle seat has always been an issue for me on every scooter I've owned.

Like I said, the gel was an improvement over the OEM, but my diminutive Bootius Maximus would still go numb after about 50 miles in the saddle. I considered butt implants :D, but my solution turned out to be a sheep skin buttpad from www.alaskaleather.com Much cheaper than surgery.

The best $60 i have spent on the Wee because it's a night & day difference. I'm now good for a couple hundred miles at a stint. I also like to wear the buttpad under my jeans when I go out on the town trolling. But that's another story. :bom_smoking:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts