StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some small led lights on my 2011 Wee 650, but they are for being seen not for driving lights,has anyone tried the small driving lights from Walmart? I have been thinking about putting them on the wee.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You know I've looked at those more than once. They are no Denali's but they are very inexpensive. You certainly wouldn't be out much if you tried them. You go first and post pictures! Somebody has to be the early adopter. Haha!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I used to run a set of Wally World 55 watt driving lights on my FJR when I still had that bike. They actually worked VERY well. Only hesitation I would have using them on the Strom would be power requirements of a set of any lights that weren't LED.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have a friend who put them on his Gold Wing. They made great light for visibility, but they kept burning out and had had to keep replacing them. He eventually gave up on it. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a friend who put them on his Gold Wing. They made great light for visibility, but they kept burning out and had had to keep replacing them. He eventually gave up on it. Just sayin'.
LED's are SUPPOSED to be pretty much indestructible. they are SUPPOSED to be shock proof and impervious to voltage spikes.

I tried one of the home depot $10 LED lamps(bulb is not the correct term) in my shops drop lamp yeah that was a waste of money.

one has to wonder how crappy the manufacturing is in these products to make them not last.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
amazon and other places now have Cree LED lights, 10 watt, retina burning bright for under $40 delivered for a pair.

this photo does not do a good job on showing the brightness of them.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
amazon and other places now have Cree LED lights, 10 watt, retina burning bright for under $40 delivered for a pair.

this photo does not do a good job on showing the brightness of them.

What this guy said! :yesnod:

I ordered a set, just search at amazon for "TMH Cree LED" and you'll see all of their options. I just got mine mounted and will say I was very very impressed by quality for being chinese. Just be warned that shipping is a little slow.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
yup , TMH brand. My wife and I were out last weekend, actually had an SUV go around me, and at the stop light, rolled down his window and holler, "your lights are BRIGHT !" I nodded and gave him a thumbs up, I don't know if he was complaining, or complimenting. LOL. I do have them aimed just below the top of the low beam, shining against my garage door, so I don't think I'm blinding oncoming cars... his is the only reaction I've had.

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
"Too bright for night but great for daytime running lights."

April Fools. Only time I need driving lights is at night when there is no sun! The high dollar running lights on a friends BMW let me know he was behind me...even in the day time. That's handy when riding together.
I had the Wally World 55Watt on my beemer and they are still laying on the floor of the garage after the bike died.
I'm hesitant about draining the power of the Wee charge system.
Those Cree lights may be just the thing for conspicuity!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm looking at the same setup. But, since I don't have engine guards, I'm probably going to mount them on my frame sliders.

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
"I'm probably going to mount them on my frame sliders. "

On the older Wee's there are a couple holes in the bottom of the fairing headlight bucket. Lights could be mounted to them. Seems someone was making a light mounting bar that may have used those holes.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts