StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so there's a consistent mention of a walmart air compressor in many of the under-seat kit threads here.

Which one is it? I hear "take off the plastic and it fits under the seat", and "cheap", but I can't find any model that looks like it would fit under the seat.

Any links? :confused:

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I'v used the "Slime" compact pump for a couple of years and have pumped a lot of air with it. The shape is perfect for under seat storage on the Strom. Got mine at O'Reilly's auto

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
In Canada the Airman Sparrow is sold under a different name through Canadian Tire.
I usually pick one up on sale for about $9.95. They work great for all tires including my 4psi Quad to my 50psi Trailer. I have one in each of my vehicles and it fits perfectly under the seat of the Strom.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I took apart the case on the slime pump to make it smaller, and I had done the same with the Walmart unit earlier in the year. They look the same to me inside I suspect they use the same supplier. Both work well.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have the Slime kit that came with a real neat case. I removed the compressor from the case and put it in a one gallon ziploc bag along with all the necessary tubes. It fits perfectly under the seat.

Oh yeah, this is the ONLY compressor I own by the way AND I do my own tires. This little 12v compressor will seat the beads on my rear in about 4 minutes.

It draws a lot of current, make sure you either connect it directly to your battery or on a circuit designed for 20 Amps. I have a Powerlet on my handlebar just for the compressor and I use a 20 Amp fuse.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Slime pump from WalMart @ $17. Have bought one myself and one for my dad and one for my buddy. Works great.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
In Canada the Airman Sparrow is sold under a different name through Canadian Tire.
I usually pick one up on sale for about $9.95. They work great for all tires including my 4psi Quad to my 50psi Trailer. I have one in each of my vehicles and it fits perfectly under the seat of the Strom.
What name? I've asked at my local CT and get nowhere with the brilliant individuals behind the parts counter.

·
Registered
779 Posts
There are two slime pumps. One sold at Walmart(near me) is the bigger version. There was a sale(Auto parts store) last summer. After rebate it was $9.99 or $19.99. The small small pump will fit perfectly under a Strom seat. It works great.Just fixing a flat it will fill a tire in the 2-3 minute range. It gets very hot.

Les

1 - 9 of 9 Posts