StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wal Mart has chosen to discontinue buying oil filters from Champion and stamping their name on them. I did the conversion of the oil filter adapter to allow me to use the ST 7317 filter which I can no longer buy at Wal mart. Does anyone know of a place where you can buy a dozen of these Champion filters at discount prices ?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
There are other choices, none for $2 though.

About 2.5 inches long.

Purolator Pure One PL14612, about $6.
Mobil M1-108, about $12.
Made by Champion.
Bosch 3300, about $6.
Made by Champion.

About 3.25 inches long.

Purolator Pure One PL14610, about $6.
Mobil 1 M1-110, about $10.
Made by Champion.
Bosch 3323, about $6.
Made By Champion.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I know a bike shop near me sells the Hi Flo HF138 for about $6.00
This is for a Bales adapter. Standard Suzuki filters won't fit any more.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or, support your local dealer every 6K miles. But I saw somewhere here oil change every 3K and filters at 9?
My local dealer has NOTHING in stock. He is 28miles away. He tells me he can order whatever I need. SO CAN I & I don't have to drive 28 miles twice. I have tried to support mt dealer. NO, brake pads, no sprockets, no chains, if I want windshield cleaner or a red mohawk for the top of my helmet that he has.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Oil filter cross reference at Motorcycle Oil Filter Cross Reference is quite helpful. Suzuki specific filters are listed in [2] near the bottom of the web page and the cross reference for the walmart filters are in [5] are just below that.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
114, sounds like you have a MotoGuzzi dealer!
Not having parts would be a good reason to source where you can.
I had a very nice FIN on one of my helmets once.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Or, support your local dealer every 6K miles. But I saw somewhere here oil change every 3K and filters at 9?
I change oil AND filter every 4,000 miles. Ask 100 different people this same question, you'd best be prepared for 100 different answers with the only commonality being each person is convinced THEY'RE correct and the other 99 aren't. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Farmers' Almanac (2012 Edition) says the oil should be changed 30 days prior to crop harvesting (corn, soybean, and/or alfalfa).......or, two weeks after the second "waning crescent moon" of the year. Of course, it could depend on what part of the country (world?) you live in............???????

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,404 Posts
I refuse to tell anybody, and I mean anybody, when or even if I change my oil :yikes:. Don't bother asking about the filter, if it even has one? :green_lol: Brand? Viscosity? Might apply to spaghetti sauce, didn't know it mattered in the Vee.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
farmer's almanac says not to buy anything at wal-mart. just sayin'....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts