StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dealer today... he had a white 2011, already paid for - waiting to be picked up, and is waiting for my 2011 DL 650 w/ ABS (in black though) to arrive.:hurray:
He said it could be any day now... boy oh boy :party: needless to say, I can't wait

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have a hard time sleeping. Do you know of any changes in the 2011 vs 2009?
I must admit, it is hard to sleep. As far as changes between the 2009 and 2011, according to the Suzuki person at the International Motorcycle Show (in NY) there isn't any... "why change anything, this is such a great product".
I haven't read of any differences anywhere (web, paper, etc...) and didn't want to get too close to the one that I saw today (sales guy took me to the "back" room) as I couldn't stop drooling. :yikes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interesting . . . . I went to the Baltimore Motorcyle Show yesterday - Pete's Cycles of Baltimore had a new 2011 Black 650 w/ABS on display. I asked the sales rep and he said he didn't think one person had looked at it.

So if you can't wait much longer, head down to Baltimore and pick up your new Wee.

Craig

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting indeed.:confused:
Maybe people are more interested in the white color than the black.
I will take pics and let you all know when my black one arrives.
Stay tuned...

·
Registered
214 Posts
There are several available in the D.C. Metro area, all black. I picked one up a little more than two weeks ago myself. I haven't seen any white ones at all around here.

Good luck and I hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Picked up my white 2011 about a month ago out here in Washington State. The dealer said that Suzuki did not import very many for this model year, so I'd say if you see one, you should buy it ASAP.

I'd love to see a black one. That sounds like a nice color scheme.

Take Care,

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already paid for...

The white one was already paid for... no chance to grab it.
I am going to call the dealer to see if he has any idea when mine might get here.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I don't think anything's really changed since 2008. In 2008 they increased the alternator output from 375w to 400w. I had a slight preference for an '09 for that reason, but it wasn't enough to get me to get an '08 over an '07 (since I prefer the 07 and 09 grey/black to the all black).

Wikipedia says a wheel color change to silver (on grey bikes) in 2009, as well as switching to clear turn signal lenses.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nuts or what???

Ok... I am really getting impatient.
I called the dealer and he said they are in the US, waiting to be released from the port.
I am so excited... I even purchased the Madstad bracket after reading all the post about buffering issues.
$103 delivered to my door.

Julien-

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is a good price for a new 2011? Without tax and lic. Anybody know of any good deals? I am in MN. Land of snow and ice!

·
Registered
807 Posts
What is a good price for a new 2011? Without tax and lic. Anybody know of any good deals? I am in MN. Land of snow and ice!
If you look on cycletrader you'll see ~$7200-$8100.

I'm not sure if you can actually get a bike for 7200, or if it's 7200 before delivery charge, setup fee, shaman fee, etc...

MSRP is $8099 so I imagine you should be able to knock a little bit off, but it sounds like supply is short, so maybe not.

Dealer I went to told me Suzuki is ramping up production and really wants to have enough stock of the Strom this year. But I've heard conflicting reports.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got my 2011 for 7575, but I think that was before the dealer found out how few bikes he would be getting. I pre-ordered back in October a couple of days after the annual Suzuki dealers business meeting at which the MSRP and dealer cost were announced to the dealers. I talked to dealers before that, but they said to wait after the meeting so that they would know the price for the 2011s.

I was told that dealer cost was 7200.

Take Care,

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
163 Posts
I live in Washington near Mike. I bought my 09 non-ABS for $6800 it was $7500 otd with tax

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
just got mine

2011 Black Vstrom 650 delivered at 9am today ( Upstate NY). 7800 out the door price. Happy to have gotten one given the discussions about availability. Had the dealer install adjustable lowering links ( 1") and superbrace.
Cannot wait to ride, maybe tomorrow-40 degrees and clear rodes due to all the rain. :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts