StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I ride a V-Strom In the seventies I was employed as motorcycle engineer. Beside that I was the mechanic from a road racer. Have had expirience with lots of bikes that days. Changed profession and hobby (RC model gliders). The last 25 years (are almost 55 now!) did only a few trips on our sons Honda CBR 600. Last year he went for a test ride on a Aprilia Tuono and asked me for companion. While waiting for him in the shop a salesman asked what bike I am looking for. "Just looking, i'am waiting" But what happened? Saw a SV650 and liked that bike immediatly. But the rider position seemed not very suted for my sometimes acking backbones. Then a search started on the internet for bargains, specials etc. Then saw an announcement fort testing the new DL650. Made a test ride and was very pretty surprised. The bike seemed to be made specially for me by Suzuki! I liked the touring abilities, the wind protection, the sportive ride when you want.In half an hour felt back home. In january was the second test ride (200km!) on a brand new one in another shop, just to convince myself. And finally bought this blue one. And now I am much more pleased then expected before :D The clothing is very much improved nowadays. Riding in the cold or even wet is much more comfortable. Yes the son rides a Tuono now! After a long ride his arms are longer because the bike always want to goes faster as his body. The rear wheel keeps on trying to pass the front wheel when opening the throttle too fast. Beware of wheelies even in 3rd gear and so on. Great fun for him. But I can almost go the same speed till about 140 km/h then he is gone. Because we have a 120km/h limit :( his advantage is not that much. And yes after all the "lost" years the bike give real big fun. Did about 2000km already and like it really. BTW when looking for DL650 news discovered this site, great!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts