Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 4 days to go

YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Remember to down load and get the route for Saturday ride

HD Ride Planner for GPS Routes Files names

Vermont Gaps 820
VT NE Kingdom 820

NO GPS It will print out turn by turn directions

Looking at the threads in events there are how toos and also a site where a gpx file is placed. I am sure the Ludites can tag along.

At this point it looks like some kind of rain will be there over the weekend so please be prepared. It is early for real predictions but some rain will probably happen :( BE Prepared

Everybody please put a note in your wallet for contact information in case of accident etc. Include medications if any. I would also suggest if you have a friend or brother etc. that can be an extraction team that would help also.

Cell phones at the campsite is right on the edge so tell the loved ones you are probably incommunicado. It wakes up in town nearby and during the ride.

The ride

I always like everyone to have fun and the old mantra ride your own ride.

I am thinking that there should be at least 2 if not 3 groups

Confront your demons..................

More fun will be had if the groups are compatible. I propose that there are 3 categories of rider competence and enjoyment.

Scenic Riders... I like the description that would go at speeds similar to those they would expect to do if they were driving in a car.

Moderate Riders Like the above but up a couple of clicks like plus 20 MPH with some passing of CARS etc. ONLY where it is safe etc.

Fast Riders If you have to ask your not. Triple digit speeds and passing likely. For this get together I am thinking there are few/none in this category.

Lastly If you need to contact me etc please PM me and I will return with my phone numbers.

If you want to pair up for the ride up etc. you might put your plans here or in the events thread.

I am riding up Friday from Eastern CT crossing and back roads to above Mt. Snow... subject to rain forecast

· Registered
487 Posts
Looking forward to it, I'll be there Sat morning for the ride then heading back home.

· Registered
707 Posts
OK, I qualify as non-Luddite. Got the routes ... and I'll be in the "middle group". Looking forward to this. I'll leave Friday morning, so likely showing up sometime late afternoon.

· Registered
707 Posts
No other way to describe it, that ride was EPIC! Those that missed the ride, missed out on a hell of a good time. Plan on attending if it gets organized again.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Great ride, The perfect way to end a week of camping and riding New England. Hats off to Rich for planning a perfect route. My wife is still talking about the views. Thanks again.

Kenny
Kenny,
You're a really good rider!
[For those who don't know, Kenny is a motocross rider..And he rode with 2-up (with wife) faster than all others with only 1-up, except for Rich and Kevin.. :) ]

Do you still need help with decals?
PM me, I'll be glad to help you.

Just finished designing decals for a good friend of mine, on aמ old 1938 Russian Ural with ש sidecar - he also got excited with decals seeing my bike..I'll post that once the decals arrive and are put on his bike.

Bigman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.