1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using

Harley Davidson Ride Planner

H-D Ride Planner Overview | Harley-Davidson USA

I have tested it uploaded to my Garmin 300 and it has been great works and easy to use. You can upload a route or print it out.

I have made 2 files public which are the proposed route for Saturday rides

The morning is the more "busy" and the afternoon somewhat of a cruise.

Morning

File name is Vermont Gaps

Afternoon

File name is VT NE Kingdom

Can one of you guys, sign up, and download so you have it ? Then report that your download seems fine etc.

FYI

We are up to 10 attendees camper rider and 1 motel. It is easy now to predict that there will not be sufficient participation for either catered food or T shirts. I will let it bleed out to the end of the month.

No fear there are food or restaurants minutes from the camp. The camp Saturday night still serves beer and wine so once you have landed there will
be no need to ride.

I am happy that there is a good crowd of the hardy coming and you will get a large dose of Vermont and its great roads and scenery.

So all it will cost is your expenses.

Vermonters still would like you to come and possibly be there to aid in case of mishap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Rich,
Not sure if you received my waiver yet, but it was mailed a couple of days ago.
I'll try to download the rides from HD planner and report.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It works

Rich,

I just finished uploading the 2 rides to my Garmin Zumo 660 from HD Ride Planner. Everything looks good.:thumbup:

I am, however, a little "worry" since I have never done any "off-road" riding with the strom or any other bike for that matter. Do you see any problems with this considering the planned route?
Let me know.

Thanks again for organizing such an event.:hurray:

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Rich,

I just finished uploading the 2 rides to my Garmin Zumo 660 from HD Ride Planner. Everything looks good.:thumbup:

I am, however, a little "worry" since I have never done any "off-road" riding with the strom or any other bike for that matter. Do you see any problems with this considering the planned route?
Let me know.

Thanks again for organizing such an event.:hurray:
You better find some gravel roads to pactice on before you get there and have to try to keep up with a group in the dust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think he will be fine.

We're not going 60 or 70 mph on dirt roads.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I am, however, a little "worry" since I have never done any "off-road" riding with the strom or any other bike for that matter.
On dirt, go easy on the front brake, favor the rear, but be gentle with both of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts