StromTrooper banner
3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Oscaride 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend an exhaust system that is louder than the standard sewing machine hum from the off the shelf bike. Slip on preferable because of price.

#2 ·
My 18 is using a DanMoto slip-on, but I'm unsure if the 20 has the same bend. A $150 bargain thats not overly loud. Might be worth looking into if it will fit. Had mine on for 40K now.

#4 ·
My 18 is using a DanMoto slip-on, but I'm unsure if the 20 has the same bend. A $150 bargain thats not overly loud. Might be worth looking into if it will fit. Had mine on for 40K now.
Thanks for that, I want something that lets traffic know I'm there without being nasty. I'll check out DanMoto and see if they have an option. Thanks for your reply.

#5 ·
The factory horn is pretty wimpy. So, a couple short beeps is not at all obnoxious and perhaps more effective than engine noise. I like the idea that open pipes saves lives, and I am running down research that confirms or denies that theory. It certainly can't hurt your conspicuity.

#6 ·
Here you go. Black Widow Exhausts have numerous chrome, black, short and longer versions.

There are also these. They state that they do not cover your year but the basic DL650 engine is unchanged.
SUZUKI V-STROM 650 2/1 2012-2016 GPR MID FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM FURORE | eBay

There are also various slip on mufflers only available.

Reactions: D.T.
#8 ·
Hi Brockie
Thanks so much for the info. The Black Widows seem to be the answer and I'll ask the dealer if the Delkevic will fit as another option. Doesn't appear to be much choice in brands down here in the far south.
Cheers
JohnM
Hi John,

Sorry but I originally missed your location.
Check out Staintune Australia hand crafted high quality motorcycle exhaust systems
They cover the earlier models and as I said earlier, brackets should be the only possible difference.
I had a full Staintune system on my DR650. Strong, stainless and very well made. I am sure that they will have a solution for you.

#9 ·
Hi Brockie. Thanks again for your advice. I have followed up and looks like the Delkevic Australia is the option for price and fit for purpose.
As a returning rider from long past times of old English bikes I'm a bit phased by the plethora of tech and gear available now. I'm a rather safety conscious so want to be seen and heard on the road with Auckland's notoriously bad traffic and drivers. My current list of add ons includes, within a limited budget:
The louder exhaust system
Led lights (change the heads and add fogs)
Crash bars
Radiator protector
Centre stand
I'm investigating panniers, seems side are suitable than top.
Cheers
JohnM

#10 ·
I consider the main stand to be the most useful accessory. Its always there when you need to work on your bike, especially chain etc.
LED's are amazing compared to halogen, but choose carefully as there is not a lot of room in your faring.
Read this thread. This should be the same as your bike (I'm assuming that yours is a 650). LED Headlight Bulbs - A Must Have

There is another general thread here, but some discussion is about earlier models with twin headlights. LED Headlights - New Option Available

Your lights are I believe 1 H7 and 1 H9. You will need to choose them carefully to have an easy fit. I found these recently for my DL650, but it uses H4, although something similar should be out there. These ones have an included suppressor (no extra wiring) and the internal fan blows heat into the headlight shell. LED's are always being updated.

#11 ·
Hi Brockie
Yes its a DL650X 2020 with over and under headlights. Only the taillight is LED. Interesting the thread states LEDs are a must have, dealer seemed ambivalent to my request. I'll check the thread and order accordingly. Taken on board you comment re centre the stand.
Cheers
JohnM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.