StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekend of November 19, the sound of vstrom engines will rumble Killarney. All welcome at the pub to come along and meet the crew and talk vstroms.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Killarney

The weekend of November 19, the sound of vstrom engines will rumble Killarney. All welcome at the pub to come along and meet the crew and talk vstroms.
:headbang:Would have been a good ride and destination to meet up with other riders. Not far from home however this is another weekend the wife is away with a horesmanship clinic, I cant win. Anyhow hope you all have a great ride.:thumbup:

Cheers

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There is now a lower speed limit on the Queen Mary Falls section of the road, :thumbdown:I assume you're going to go over "The Head" road past Teviot Falls to get to Killarney. Are you going to ride through the Condamine Gorge? :thumbup: The pub at Yangan is also worth a visit.:yesnod:

There is a good dirt road with great views if you head to Mt Colliery, you turn off in the middle of the village of Tannymorel, but this isn't a through road, logging trucks use it and it ends up in some foresty with 'Do not enter signs'.:argue:

Alternatively there is another dead end into the hills if you turn off to Swanfels and head past the old school eastwards towards Double Top. This takes you to Hell Hole.
The Swanfels road is a loop that starts and finishes near Yangan if you don't want to tackle the road up into the forest.
The Swanfels Valley is beautiful, there is a Pioneer Park near the creek at the eastern end of the loop, the shelter shed used to be part of the school before it closed in 1979. Not the site of the school they shifter the shed.

You can cut Warwick off the return trip by heading through Freestone and back onto the Brisbane road at Clintonvale, then down Cunningham's Gap to Boonah etc, the road up to Spicer's Gap is worth it for the view of the Fassifern Valley from the " Governors Chair" The turn off is before Aratula.

Have fun but watch the police around Warwick they are red hot.:yikes:

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
G'day Dave.

Sorry, I can't make it.

I decided not to do the gorge last ride, too many DR's along.
I'm pretty sure I could have made it, but wasn't so sure about a pack of DL's trying to do that with DR style and speed ;)

(Yes, you can get a DL through the Condamine, but don't be stupid about it, take it slow and easy - don't show off and you'll be fine. The delay waiting for the ambulance really messes up everyones day )

Try not to bend too many of them. :)

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey pete how u doing,long time no here from.Yea we will be taking it steady,there will be an option to go around queen mary falls if you like ,i think about half the crew will do that.No killer stuff on this one.Not sure if you are aware of our route,its,chillingham,tyalgum,mebbin,border ranges,rathdowny ,white swamp and into killarney either via,gorge or queen mary falls,this is a b grade ride so no hard stuff just gravel user friendly scenic gravel roads.Might see you on the next one.Now that i am on this website i can stay in touch and let you know of any rides on with mal,or the toecutters adventure riding group we have formed.Sunday morning will be ride up through tannymorrell up the western ridge of the gorge for some fantastic scenery.safe riding dave(toecutter)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts