StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the mounting stuff come with it to fit the Givi crash bars?
Nope... so this is how it all happened; I boght:

- Givi bars on Ebay ($120 shipped after Live Cashback)
- SW-Motech adapter for Givis on Twisted Throttle (as per greywolf's advice, add the plate and adapter to cart, then go to cart and remove the plate) - about $40 shipped
- Vstroma plate on Vstroma.com

I also got the install instructions for SW-Motech plate off Twisted Throttle. Vstroma is a copy of that plate, mounts the same.

I wish the adapter did not cost as much as it does, but I figured - unless I want to make my own (there are some threads on this here) - I'd have to pay for it even if I go SW-Motech plate route.

R

·
0 Posts
I wish the adapter did not cost as much as it does, but I figured - unless I want to make my own (there are some threads on this here) - I'd have to pay for it even if I go SW-Motech plate route.
That is why the adapter is so expensive. Prolly got a patent on the adapter so VStroma cant copy it. I really dont like it when others make money off of someones elses pattern and then call it thier own.//rant off.

RR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Matte or gloss black?

Your bike looks great!!!...I'd leave it looking clean.

I like the look of that skid plate as opposed to the one on TwistedThrottle.com. I don't like the DL cutout that is on the side of theirs.
Is yours a matte black or gloss black finish?

I'm going for the same combo as you on my 07 650

·
Registered
516 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the bracket that mounts on the bike that the V Stroma skid plate mounts to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts