StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any input on the studebaker folding shift lever sold by vstroma on a '12+ 650? Can anybody verify that the shifter is the same for '14 and '16, I looked up the part numbers on bike bandit and they were the same.
I had a sw-motech version on my '16 650xt and the arm broke off of the round pivot section in short order, the vendor did take care of me though.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I put the Studebakers on both my stroms & have had no issues. The bushing does get worn and that in turn makes the arm a bit loose, but it has not caused a shifting problem in 50K miles between the two of them. They also used to be pretty cheap under $40, but in the last two years the price has gone up quite a bit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the shift lever and installed it today on my '16 xt. The part went on as expected and everything works great.
It isn't as sexy as the sw-motech version but it is well built and MUCH cheaper. I don't expect this part to fail like that one did due to the design.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The threaded portion that connects to the adjustor bolt just broke on my Studebaker folding lever, which is the one Vstroma sells. I've contacted Vstroma to see if they can get the replacement part as it simply screws into the lever.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Emailed Vstroma....no reply.

Called them today they asked how long I had their lever and I said years and over 25K miles. They said "it's under warranty" and are sending a replacement for the broken part....free.

If it arrives, that is awesome customer service in my book!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts