StromTrooper banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a center stand from these people, in August, knowing it was back ordered, but the product looked good and the price was about $20 less than others that I'd seen.

They never once contacted me after notice that they had received my money. I have contacted them repeatedly, three time, during the MONTHS since placing my order to find out if they had any new information about when the stand would ship. I had been told that it would ship in October, but that came and went. No stand...

Today, I cancelled my order and requested a refund. Time will tell if I have paid the price for being too frugal. I hope that I can get my $150.93 refund for the stand and the tire irons that I ordered. I'm feeling pretty stupid about now, but I thought the product was of good quality and I was trying to find the best stand for the money.

I've learned my lesson. I hope it didn't come at too high a price...:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
No experience with these folks but if they don't come through for you your credit card company can refund the money with a phone call.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no response

After ordering my center stand on August 26th, I have contacted the vendor to inquire about an anticipated ship date. I was informed that the stand would ship in October. I had a ride scheduled that I wanted this stand as well as some other parts that I ordered for potential problems. They didn't arrive before the ride, but that went off uneventfully, so I continued to wait.

Well, my patience has run out. I sent two emails, one yesterday and another this morning, without response. I waited two hours for a response before I called by phone. No one answered. I have filed a formal dispute with Paypal and time will tell if that has any effect. This does not look good. Stay tuned for the continuing drama...:argue:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No experience with these folks but if they don't come through for you your credit card company can refund the money with a phone call.
This will be my next course of action if I don't get some kind of communication within 24 hours. What really surprises me, though, is within the retail environment that is eating the economy alive, you'd think vendors would be more interested in maintaining a good standing in the community with which they base their future business. Seems kinda silly to be thumbing your nose at your customers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kelley at Vstroma

Just received an email from Kelley at Vstroma:

The DL 650 stands still do not have a firm ETA.

You can get the same stand from Suzuki the rest on the market are not as good in quality.

Thanks

Kelley

Vstroma.com
[email protected]
888-297-6686

I have requested a refund and cancellation of my order.

G

·
I don't know anything at all about these people but my guess is that they are working out of a receiving/shipping warehouse. Orders from the end users come in and vstroma hustles up (bad choice of words) the required goods just in time to be shipped to the end user.
No inventory, elaborate facilities or staff hence lower costs.
All a bit rinky dink. I'd rather see the product before I make a decision.

I'm likely wrong but that is the impression I get from their website.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I bought the folding shifter from them and had no problems about a year or so ago. I have no knowledge of the center stand quality, cost vs others etc

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
My impression of the place is they are honest enough but running a very low overhead and "just in time" warehousing to keep prices at rock bottom. Miscalculations on needed inventory or factory time allocation can cause out of stock situations. The manufacturing of goods would be done in China by reverse engineering already available products like the Suzuki center stand and old SW-Motech crash bars.

Charging credit cards on receipt of orders rather than shipping and not providing updates on order status changes are poor business practices but better customer service would raise overhead and, consequently, prices.

Again, these are my impressions and can be totally wrong.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would have to agree that they probably don't keep anything on hand, but order it as soon as your money clears and ship it as soon as it arrives to them. No overhead and lower prices, but some complications that look like bad service.

I ordered a chain, sprockets, chain breaker and heated grips from them in Sept. I called to make sure it was in stock. I did not receive it in 10 business days so I emailed in the morning, I got a response the next night (almost 40 hours). This was not a weekend or holiday. The response was that one of the sprockets was on was out of stock. After a few more emails and a few more days I was given a ship date. It didn't ship on that date, but 2 days later than the date. I got it 26 days after I ordered it. And when i got it, the shipment was missing the chain breaker. So another week for it to arrive.

The price is good, the product appears to be good. The service is lacking a little, and you need to play way ahead, cause the timing of shipments is not so good.

I would order from them again if I have a month or 2 before I need it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought a stand and a set of spark plugs (to get the price up to the "free shipping" level) a year ago and had no problems. They are supposed to also be KLR650.com as well. A bit rinky-dink, but honest, and while the stand had a (known) minor fitment issue, it went on with just a little filing and has been rock solid. I think most of their stuff is made in Taiwan, not China, and is mostly reasonable quality.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just in time - their time, maybe

I would agree with the general assessment regarding the operations at Vstroma: pretty just in time to control costs. I planned far ahead to allow for lots of time since I knew that the item was out of stock and would require a long lead time. Placed my order on August 26th and still do not have a ship date, in November. That is beyond reasonable, in my opinion. I have cancelled my order and requested a refund. Hope that the administrative action is easier to accomplish that to obtain the actual inventory. I'll update here when/if I ever know.

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was going to say that I ordered the center stand off of them last year with no issues, but now I think I ordered that from Murphs. I cant remember what I ordered from them, but fortunately I didnt have any problems. I'd order from them again.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
The old saying goes...' When you buy second best, you buy twice'.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I also had ordered a center stand through vstroma, and when it didn't come when they said it would, I got it from Murph's. Same price, a little more for shipping. Arrived right away.

That said, I think I had ordered something else from vstroma, and it arrived as described (don't remember what...)

I hope they will make your order (or refund) right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DL650 centerstand

I ordered mine from Happy Trails. Very good design, quality and price. Installation was very easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts