StromTrooper banner

VSTROMA.com

839 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  jonny
Just wanted to give everyone a little head's up on ordering from VSTROMA.com. If you are purchasing an item from them it may be wise to call ahead and make sure they have the item in stock. I was/am in need of a chain and sprocket package for my DL650. After searching the internet for this package I found VSTROMA.com's package to fit the bill perfectly.

I placed my order on 6/16/11 and received an email thanking me for my order and that they would send an email with tracking notifications or any delays. A number of days had passed and I had received no notification. I called on 6/22/11 and was informed by the man that answered the phone that everything was there but that they were waiting on the chain to arrive which they expected on Monday or at the latest Tuesday. I then asked if they would provide notification that they were shipping my order, or if there were going to be anymore delays. The guy I talked with informed me that the person that handles emails was on vacation. I asked if there was anybody else then that was going to send notification and was told everybody is pretty stressed there with people out so more than likely not.

After considering canceling my order I decided to wait it out. I called today, 6/28/11, to check on the status of my order and was told by the woman that answered the phone they had everything in the package, but they were waiting on a 15 tooth sprocket. This did not make sense and after explaining my story to this person I was retold that again they were waiting on both before but now were only waiting on the sprocket. I am passing on this information so that if you choose to order from this company please call ahead and make sure they have the product.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Just wanted to give everyone a little head's up on ordering from VSTROMA.com. If you are purchasing an item from them it may be wise to call ahead and make sure they have the item in stock. I was/am in need of a chain and sprocket package for my DL650. After searching the internet for this package I found VSTROMA.com's package to fit the bill perfectly.

I placed my order on 6/16/11 and received an email thanking me for my order and that they would send an email with tracking notifications or any delays. A number of days had passed and I had received no notification. I called on 6/22/11 and was informed by the man that answered the phone that everything was there but that they were waiting on the chain to arrive which they expected on Monday or at the latest Tuesday. I then asked if they would provide notification that they were shipping my order, or if there were going to be anymore delays. The guy I talked with informed me that the person that handles emails was on vacation. I asked if there was anybody else then that was going to send notification and was told everybody is pretty stressed there with people out so more than likely not.

After considering canceling my order I decided to wait it out. I called today, 6/28/11, to check on the status of my order and was told by the woman that answered the phone they had everything in the package, but they were waiting on a 15 tooth sprocket. This did not make sense and after explaining my story to this person I was retold that again they were waiting on both before but now were only waiting on the sprocket. I am passing on this information so that if you choose to order from this company please call ahead and make sure they have the product.
Shoulda called Blair at SV.....

· Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I ordered a folding shift lever. It left me scrambling at the last minute before a trip. :furious:
And as far as I know, they're the only company that sells a folding shift lever for the Wee, so we're sorta stuck with them. That said, I ordered that same lever from them and received it without incident. The packing was very creative (recycled Chinese food shipping carton, I think :biggrinjester: ).

· Registered
51 Posts
And as far as I know, they're the only company that sells a folding shift lever for the Wee, so we're sorta stuck with them. That said, I ordered that same lever from them and received it without incident. The packing was very creative (recycled Chinese food shipping carton, I think :biggrinjester: ).
Yeah, the only game in town for the shift lever. It took awhile but I finally got mine. My first order was cancelled because they were out of stock and they couldn't say when they would get some more. I just kept calling until they told me to reorder because a new order of levers was on the way. It was worth it because I really wanted that folding lever and its actually a nice peice of equipment.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
They are only an hour away from me.....wonder if they would allow you to walk in and pick something up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.