StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, so I've got my eye on picking up a 2007 Weestrom in the next little bit, everything is in great condition except one of the rims is bent.

In other unfortunate news a buddy of mine who has a 2014 with the spoked wheels on it has has a wreck riding offroad. He is o.k. but his bike is now being parted out.

My question is whether or not the wheels from a 2014 will swap onto a 2007 or if that all changed when they updated the bike in 2012?

Thanks, looking forward to being a trooper soon! (Coming off a 1990 KLR Tengai assuming it sells for half decent money in the next little bit)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and PS. I tried to search for hours to find the answer to this, but couldn't find anything but references to how expensive it typically is to get woody's to build a set of these wheels. Nothing clear about rim swapping! (Haha, just in case the newb gets accused of not using the search function!)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
All ABS rear wheels from 2007-2016 are the same. If your bike doesn't have ABS, you just will have some unused holes where the sensor ring would mount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic. Thanks for that answer! I think it's also probably going to be the cheapest way to get a set of the spokes into an older one is to wait for someone to crack up their Wee, not that I'd ever wish that on someone. Greywolf thanks for your answer, hope to be part of the pack soon. :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Rear wheel doesn't appear to be a problem. Check to see if there is any difference on the front wheel speedo pickup vs the L2 onward counter sprocket pickup. I remember reading something to that effect, but can't remember which year the change over to counter sprocket pickup came about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts