StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many many miles of road on my Vstrom I was about to look to another bike only because I couldn't quite get the noise level down. I changed out mirrors, added a madstad, and had several windscreens all of which helped and none of which really solved the problem. I finally figured out that I was up the wrong tree when in a light rain with my visor open, rain was flying out of the front of my helmet. The wind was traveling up my thighs (making a colder ride in chilly months), hitting my chest(ballooning a 3/4 length jacket adding to the discomfort), and going into my helmet creating an uncomfortable pressure and excessive noise. Below is my rough mock ups of some side fairings which have made my ride quiet and comfortable. They quick release with wing nuts leaving minimum brackets for daily riding under 60mph. The finished product will have some better looking hardware and smoke plexiglass fairings. If you have the same troubles I do, this is your fix. I'm a happy strommer again.

....so they have changed the Flickr app since I've posted last and I have no idea how to get the pics copied. But of your interested my account is public so go to kennyyoung428 on flickr to take a look.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I guess it more complicated than I can handle. Maybe someone elso can help you post them but my guess is the this post will be moved.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey Kenny,

I can see how that would work. I would have a concern about the wings lifting the front end of the bike, and maybe tank-slappers or other instability at high speed. Since you have a steering damper, you may have resolved some of these risks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.