StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Great idea. The prop is used to prop up the tank and actually has ends that fit the holes in the tank and tank support. I did it the same way you did for maybe two years before I figured that out. Whatever works is fine. Models with a charcoal canister tank vent system in some countries will have a second hose to disconnect from the tank.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Parasound, this is a timely video since tomorrow I am removing the tank to reroute my throttle cables for my bar risers and run wiring for my ABS shut off and wiring for electrical accessories. Now I won't miss those hidden screws. Keep the videos coming, I believe it will give additional confidence to some troopers to do their own work...

thanks again for your time and effort in making the videos

·
Registered
944 Posts
This is wonderful, very helpful (please buy a DL1000 and do a valve adjust and TBS vid).

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Great idea! Now we need a volunteer to do one on the AL2, taking all the plastic off.

Greywolf can the whole front assembly be removed on the AL2, like you could the old model?

That was always my preferred way of doing it on my K7 when it came time for some major work.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Of course the entire bike can be taken down to individual pieces. The fairing even connects using the same two bolts from fairing frame to main frame the older bikes use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great videos! You're videos have been tremendously helpful! I have one request for the DL650. A Valve Adjustment video please! Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Thanks, worked great. I used a turkey baster to empty reserve tank instead of taking it off and I changed three plugs while everything was apart. I'll get the last one after I study you next video.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Doc Vstrom, do you have an M.D., a J.D., a Ph.D., or an Ed.D? Seems like any or all would be applicable for what you're doing!

Every Saturday, kindly Doc Vstrom visited bikes all over the town, bringing them his unique mix of hands-on care and homespun humor.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts