StromTrooper banner

3281 - 3300 of 3326 Posts

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
VTOM - your bike looks great!
Thanks!

I originally didn't like how the Orange one looked in pictures but love the look in the flesh! It's almost embarrassing how many people come up to me and say they love the look.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
It may be an optical intrusion but that top box looks enormous.
It is! Its 58 liters. (Not an intrusion or an illusion. :) )

Size matters!

I'm pretty big so it matches when I'm on the bike.

..Tom

·
Registered
15,225 Posts
"Let's go comping.. you carry all my stuff"
When I had my sidecar rig a couple guys suggested I do just that. Just what I need is more crap to haul around. Sheeshe. i ended up traveling alone to avoid those fun invites.

·
Registered
499 Posts
That's a cute little ferry, Tom. Where is it? Bet it's a fun ride when there are any waves on the water... Not that I'd be able to visit any time soon.

BTW: The seat on your bike looks very narrow. Great for a short guy like me, I suppose, but looks a bit unproportional to the rest of the bike in this photo.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
That's a cute little ferry, Tom. Where is it? Bet it's a fun ride when there are any waves on the water... Not that I'd be able to visit any time soon.

BTW: The seat on your bike looks very narrow. Great for a short guy like me, I suppose, but looks a bit unproportional to the rest of the bike in this photo.
Ferry's on Lake Simcoe (Ontario) heads out to Georgina Island

The seat is painful for me. I have an Airhawk on it and it will have to do until I get my Russel Day Long in (hopefully!) late September. When the RDL is on the bike (It's wide!!!!) I'm sure the proportions will work out.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Next your bike and a high-tension power line tower.
..Tom
I'm surprised no one has got one yet.
Maybe it's a language thing.

"High tension power line tower" means the large high voltage towers that car the high voltage lines.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Got one this morning on the way out for a 350 mile loop. Temps 55-90.

Next - bike and an unusually shaped mountain.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Left the house at 0440 and headed to the high(cool) country to have breakfast with a friend. Had breakfast and 270 mines later I was home at 1030. Just in time before the temps started to rise. I was not planning on getting a picture of a mountain but I looked to my left and saw Weaver's Needle in the Superstition Wilderness. Weaver's Needle is just over the front of the seat. When I got closer to home I saw Camelback mountain. Camelback Mountain is suppose to be a camel laying down with his head on the left resting on the ground. A 2-fer.

Next mark: A Barn:

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
A few weeks ago I mentioned the The Bush Fire in a previous post. I took a picture of the smoke from the top of South Mountain Park. The fire burned 193,000 acres.

Today was the first chance I had to ride through the area. I had not idea how bad the fire was. Guard rail along the road were twisted from heat and the posts holding the guard rails were gone. . The picture were take on the west side of the road, opposite the Weaver's Needle picture.

20200725_095320_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095140_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095235_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095240_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095153_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095101_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095238_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095246_HDR (Large).jpg 20200725_095225_HDR (Large).jpg

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Left the house at 0440 and headed to the high(cool) country to have breakfast with a friend. Had breakfast and 270 mines later I was home at 1030. Just in time before the temps started to rise. I was not planning on getting a picture of a mountain but I looked to my left and saw Weaver's Needle in the Superstition Wilderness. Weaver's Needle is just over the front of the seat. When I got closer to home I saw Camelback mountain. Camelback Mountain is suppose to be a camel laying down with his head on the left resting on the ground. A 2-fer.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Tom- You missed it at the bottom.( A barn).
Funny when you mentioned the camel I went right to that picture to visualize it (I see it!) Must have stopped reading after that.

..Tom

3281 - 3300 of 3326 Posts