StromTrooper banner

3261 - 3280 of 3326 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
@Wahoo requested something larger than life recently.

..Tom
Oh well I guess we've reached the end of the game then. Good playing with everyone!

There's gonna be repeats, sorry man. I'm too tired (12 hr overnight shift) to think of something else right now.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Looks like I got bruced LOL. I should have taken the photo before Mrs Wahoo and I went on a 150 mile Goldwing ride this afternoon. Oh well, off to find a train depot. 👍👍👍

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Next mark: A train depot, Amtrak station, etc. In operation or not.
Ride Safe
Old RR station turned RR museum in Fortuna, Calif

Interesting that you add "ride safe" to your posts. I nearly got smoked on this tag run. Probably closest I've come to ever getting hit. Ever. And it would have been a bad one, fatal maybe. Fucking asshole driving an ambulance-length Sprinter coming the other way made a U-turn right in front of me in the apex of a blind curve on a pretty tight 2 lane road. He just kept on coming even as I was braking as hard as I could. White helmet, yellow neon jacket, high beam on. Had he not stopped he would have taken up both lanes and with the drop on either side of the road there'd have been nowhere to go but into him. He did see me last second and stopped, leaving about 2 feet of lane and shoulder in front of him for me to squeeze through at probably 40 mph down from about 65. Then the asshole has the audacity to honk at me after I squeeze past him. I actually briefly debated going back and shooting him in the face a half dozen times or so...there'd be no witnesses... it wasn't the near crash that angered me but his apparent assignment of blame (via the long angry honk) to me. Total lack of self awareness, probably means he'll just keep right on making U turns in blind corners.

Next, your machine with a hot dog stand or restaurant whose primary food is clearly hot dogs (as noted on the sign)

IMG_6580.JPG

Reactions: AZ-Stromer

·
Registered
15,225 Posts
Meefza, we always blame the other guy. It's human nature. Oh, In Calif unless posted otherwise the max speed on roads is 55 mph.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Reactions: notacop

·
Registered
347 Posts
These roads would be great if it wasn't for all the cars/vans/trucks/etc.

Reactions: MeefZah and notacop

·
Registered
262 Posts
and glad you came out unscathed.. I hate when people do something totally stupid and then make out like it was your fault just because you are on a bike. I don't know if it is just a natural reaction because they realized they just about killed you or they are just a$$holes.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Next, your machine with a hot dog stand or restaurant whose primary food is clearly hot dogs (as noted on the sign)
Today the temperature is suppose to reach 115 degrees. The temperature was already 90 when I left. So out early this morning.

Next Mark: Your bike and a car wash

Ride safe and watch for the other guy.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Btw a piece of handy advice thanks to my friend Bruce: if you are riding in heavy rain and need a place to stop then coin operated car washes are usually empty

Next your bike and someone running in the background

..Tom

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Btw a piece of handy advice thanks to my friend Bruce: if you are riding in heavy rain and need a place to stop then coin operated car washes are usually empty

View attachment 274688

Next your bike and someone running in the background

..Tom
Also a good place to shower (with your bathing suit on), though it will rasp off some skin...

New bike? Looks nice.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Live close to what we in Arizona is call a green belt. The green belt is the former Cross Cut Canal built in 1888. The green belt is not called the Cross Cut Canal Park.
A two miles long skinny park. Beneath the park is large drainage pipe to take away rain water.

Next mark: A rural church.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Lake Powell ferry? Unsure if it goes into AZ?
Negative, the ferry you speak of is in Utah. The three times I have tried to take the ferry it has not been in operation. Now it is closed for repairs. I guess I could ride to Utah
and get a picture in the back ground.

The closest ferries I can think of to Arizona are in Texas, Washington and on the Mississippi somewhere in Illinois

3261 - 3280 of 3326 Posts