StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 3168 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'd like to start a Vstrom version of a picture game that we had on another forum

the rules are pretty simple, Ill request a certain picture of your strom, the person who gets the pic first, requests the next picture, and so on

If a pic challenge goes unanswered for one week, we return to the last challenge

The picture must be taken after the request, so you cant just dig into your archives and post a picture, we will rely on the honour system for this

Also try to request pics that can be taken by any one, try not to be to regional
example: your strom in front of the white house, instead try your strom in front of your city hall.

If there is already a thread for this, then could you please send me the link

So to get things going

Your Strom at a gas station

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has picked this up yet! Sounds like a fun idea, hopefully lots get into it.

A suggestion: Give a location/description of your scenic photos in the event other members would like to visit it.

Hopefully Tapatalk plays nice and attaches mine correctly:

TAG: Esso gas station in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
uploadfromtaptalk1334708804881.jpg

NEXT TAG: Your V-Strom in front of a popular restaurant in your area.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering of it was a lost cause or not, it's good to see someone play

Now you need to name the next challenge

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
225 Posts
Really? Nobody rides past a restaurant? Our weather's been crappy, but I'm going to have to roll the bike out and ride somewhere just to get a picture!

-Russ (woohoo - 200 posts)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Probably be a more popular thread if we could pull up pictures we already have and not a 'go do this' task. Just my opinion. Carry on.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably be a more popular thread if we could pull up pictures we already have and not a 'go do this' task. Just my opinion. Carry on.
It would be a lot easier if we could just pull out pictures we already have, but the whole purpose of the game is to give you an excuse to go for a ride, or even take a detour of your normal commute to grab a picture.

This is more of a long term thread if it ever takes off, where a pic is posted every day or every other day.

I ll have to admit Ive been a little slack in a thread that I started, but I only ride on the weekends, but Im going to try to get more challenges

Anyway here is a pic of a local restaurant Curlys Pub and Grub

Next Challange

Your Strom next to a Provincial/State park sign

·
Registered
91 Posts
SCFD #9

Taken today, just down the street from my house; Spokane County Fire District 9, Station 94.

NEXT UP: Your bike WITH a police bike or car. GO!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I read it same as onlyinajeep. Might need a judgement from the thread creator, NSdave.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
My worthless opinion is that the fire station photo counts. He made the effort which is more than most of us are doing and the original poster's description left it open to interpretation. I suggest keeping the location description simpler.

We do something similar with a few local Stromtroopers and it can be a lot of fun if the spirit of the game is placed ahead of technical details. We sometimes have some friendly banter about questionable photos, but in the end we always let it slide in favor of keeping the game moving and not spoiling the fun. The rule that must be kept, however, is that the photo must be current. It's a game to get people riding now, not a photo blog of the past! Yeah, you could cheat and post an old photo, but what's the point?

Now that I've commented on the post, I suppose I'd better get in the game! I'll be chasing the police motorcycle/car pic--who can beat me to it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Downtown Toronto, by the Police Marine Unit on Robertson Cres. Also one of my favourite parking spots downtown. ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1335792709108.jpg

NEXT TAG: Your V-Strom next to a big water fountain. If that's not possible, a large body of water or waterfall will do. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
If someone would say "your V-Strom under a naked vixen with big hooters", or something of that sort, this game would be much more entertaining!

1 - 20 of 3168 Posts